13. I Hate This Town (2/2)

Its so washed up, and all my friends don't give a fuck-

Part 2 to " Get In Losers, We're Going Shopping"

The four young adults now had rejoined as a group, sitting around a table, munching away at whatever food they had decided to buy.

Lindsey and Jamia babbled between themselves, showing what they'd bought and admiring each other's purchases, all the while Frank and Gerard sat in complete silence, avoiding conversation with each other, to the extent where they wouldn't even look in the other's general direction.

Although, Gerard did slip his hand across the gap between them, subtly linking his with Frank's, but he had to quickly let go when the girls directed their attention to them. Frank was left with a small blush on his face and he averted his gaze to the salad he had been picking at.

"So did you get anything Frank?" Lindsey asked.

"From Victoria's Secret? No." He laughed awkwardly, glancing up at Lindsey.

"How 'bout you Gerard?" Jamia asked. Gerard shrugged,

"I can't say."

"Oh?"

"Well, it's a surprise for someone here so..."

"Ah, Okay, you gonna tell me later though?" Jamia pushed.

"Sure, sure." Gerard mumbled, shrugging again. Frank's brows creased in confusion, it wasn't Lindsey, because Gerard had just been with her, and it wasn't Jamia, 'cause Gerard was going to tell her what it was that he'd bought, which only left Frank himself as an option, but why would Gerard buy something for Frank? Of all people, he had caused Gerard nothing but trouble and stress in the past few months...

"Frank? You ready to go?" Jamia asked, nudging the small boy's foot and pulling him from his thoughts.

He pair stood up, Frank taking the plastic container and dropping it into the trash can before Jamia linked arms with him, pulling him off towards one of the makeup shops.

"Okay, so Lindsey asked me out on a date the other day, and I need a new lipstick and some new eyeshadow," Jamia babbled, turning towards a shop and dragging Frank behind her.

"Okay..." Frank said unsurely, he had no idea what matched and what didn't, considering his closet was made up of dark blue and black jeans, random coloured shirts and black hoodies, then he wasn't the best person to ask.

"I've bought a red dress, do you think I should go for matching lipstick or matching eyes?"

"What?"

Jamia sighed, letting go of Frank's arm.

"Should I do red lipstick or red eyeshadow?"

"Oh, Um, lipstick."

"Kk." She said, pulling Frank over to the lipstick stand and picking out a couple of red shades.

"Give me your hand." The black-haired girl instructed, holding Frank's hand up once he gave it to her. She unscrewed the lid to the first lipstick and painted a swathe across his hand, repeating with the second one.

"Which do you think would look better on me?"

"Uhh... They both look the same."

"Ugh!" she let out a frustrated groan, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Hey there guys, do you need any help?" A young girl stepped up, a few meters from the pair with a small smile across her face.

"Yeah, this idiot is being a bit useless, so please could you help me?" Jamia said, throwing a playful glare to Frank, grabbing his hand again and holding it up to the girl.