The Dames

The ladies sat around Rose's kitchen. Because they didn't have schools and jobs to rush home to, they always stayed to enjoy September on The Point. The Pendleton house was closed up, but the Drakes would be back for a weekend or two before the leaves changed. Still, it was quiet on Plover Way.

"It was quite a summer," Mary sighed.

They all nodded in agreement and sat quietly as if going over the event in their own minds.

Flo broke the silence. "So if it was Wendy's husband visiting her, who did Mary see kissing in the shadows?"

They all looked from one to the other and Rose spoke up, "I thought for a while it was Jeremy and Ruby, but those two couples were tight as thieves all summer."

"They were on the Pendleton's porch, so it must have been Jeremy and someone else. Poor Melissa, she probably doesn't even know." Mary surmised.

Madelyn laughed, "It's funny with all the rumors flying around the one bit of infidelity was never a part of it."

They all nodded and laughed, because it was truly ironic. Only Rose began to wonder who it might have been. She shook her head, because even though they were two of her favorite people, she wondered if they were the ones. She wasn't about to say anything, but maybe it wasn't Jeremy on that porch after all.

A/N I had a lot of fun spending time in the past. There is a bonus chapter to bridge the gap to current. 

What ever happens with Mason and Melissa?  Does Nora ever soften?  Does Wendy become a mother?

We will continue to see the children of these gossipers in The Point Series starting with Shattered Hearts

Scroll for a bonus chapter...