Stand by you

Nathanael stood in front of the mirror fixing his red tie. His eyebrows furrowing together, He was nervous about meeting Lila's Parent's but it wasn't like he was just not going to show up, in fact, he was sure Lila's reaction to that would be much scarier than meeting her parents.

"Good thing you still have that suit from when you went to prom, it still fits you nicely too"

He glanced over his shoulder to see his mum standing in the doorway with a smile "Yeah" he said almost emotionless. He continued to struggle with the tie.

His mum sighed "What are you at?" she shook her head at the state of his tie. "Come here"

Nathanael shook his head as he tried to walk past her but he couldn't stop his mother from grabbing his arm. She turned him around to face her and started to fix his tie. He scowled. She pulled it tight-too tight. Nathanael yelped then coughed as he loosened it.

"Are you trying to kill me!" he exclaimed.

"No, now stand still you've ruined it," Adina said reaching to tighten it again. Nathanael slapped her hand away. she glared. "No, I'm fine"

She frowned but dusted the shoulders of the grey blazer jacket of the suit "Very well" she could sense her son was nervous so she offered a smile "You'll be fine, pet" she brushed her fingers through his hair flattening some stray unruly hairs of his. "You're a lovely boy and I'm sure Mr and Mrs Rossi will see that"

Nathanael rolled his eyes "Mom, of course, you would say that!"

"Exactly, I've raised you so I know and if that isn't enough for them then how cute you and Lila are together should be" Miss Kurtzberg folded her arms.

Nathanael's face reddened "Mum!" he complained. He bowed his head to avoid her gaze.

Adina laughed "It's a good thing I raised you to be such a sweet boy"

"Whatever, I better head to Lila's she said she wanted me to come early so her parents wouldn't be occupied by other guests," Nathanael says moving past his mother out the door.

"Okay, have fun" His mother called after him as he headed down the stairs.

Nathanael walked up the steps and used the lion head knocker to knock on the front door of the Rossi's mansion. He waited a second then the door was opened by Mia.

"Hello Nathanael," Mia said, she opened the door wider "You can come in and wait here while Lila gets ready, she shan't be too long" she stepped to the side to let Nathanael walk in.

Nathanael glanced around and noticed the floor and everything else had been cleaned within an inch of their lives to shine in the lights.

"Nathanael!"

His head turned at the shout of his name and he saw Lila rushing down the steps. She is wearing a dark green dress, her hair was loose and tumbled down her back and over her shoulders. Nathanael felt a blush rise in his cheeks as he noticed she was wearing the necklace he had got her, the small emeralds sparkled in the light.

She came to stand beside him "You came!" she grinned.

"Uh, Yeah of course," he said, eyes still focused on her neck as he comments "You're wearing the necklace"

Lila's eyes rounded then she looked to the necklace "Oh, Yes" she toyed with it "I actually wear it every day but it's usually hiding under clothes so that's why you didn't notice" she chuckled.

Nathanael's face flushed "I'm glad you like it that much"

"I told you I loved it, silly" she entwined her hand in his "Now are you ready to meet my parents?"