Broken Glass

After another day of boring classes, the bell rang, and Lila got up of her seat excitedly. She walks out of the class beside Nathanael.

"So you won't be joining us in the art room?" Nathanael asks, looking up at her with bright eyes and a small smile.

"No" she raises an eyebrow "Shouldn't you act more upset about that?" her lips quirk in a teasing smirk.

"Huh?" his eyes widen. "Oh uh" he pales. "Yes, of course I'm sad..." he chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

Lila laughs "I'm kidding Nathy"

"R-Right" he chuckles nervously. "I should get to the art room" he starts to back away "Uh lots of work to do!" he almost stumbles on an untied lace but catches hold of the bannister. He flushes red then hurries off.

Lila raises an eyebrow and then shakes her head with a smile. "What a dork" she mutters affectionately. Then heads towards the drama room.

_ _ _

As soon as Lila walks through the doors Miss Taylor greets her with a beaming smile. "Welcome back Lila!"

"Thanks" Lila smiles and glances around. So far only Mylene and the twins, Noah and Aiden, had arrived. She heads towards Mylene. "So, where's the rest?"

"They should get here soon" Mylene says. "No one will want to miss today"

Lila smirks "Why? Is it because I'm back, I know you guys missed me a lot"

Mylene laughs "Sorry to crush your dreams but it has nothing to with you"

"Aww" Lila pouts. Pressing her hand over her chest pretending to act heartbroken.

"Today we will be going to the Theatre, Lila" Miss Taylor says, her amber eyes sparkling with excitement "They are planning to perform Bugsy Malone for their anniversary and that is where you all come in!"

Lila gasps, eyes widening in excitement. "Really? We get to act?"

"It's not for certain, there is auditions and drama kids from every school around Paris will be competing for parts"

Lila looks to the door to see Sierra walking in with a smile. Liam followed her in with a cheeky grin. "But I'm sure your in for a part, you've got more chance than her" he smirks and nudges Sierra.

Sierra looks to him with furrowed brows and narrowed eyes. "I have more of a chance than you, they'll probably kick you out!" she hisses back.

Miss Taylor claps her hands "Now, Now" she tuts "We should support each other, we are a team remember" she folds her arms "And I have faith that all my students are in with a good chance"

Finally, the door opens with Aurore and Olivia rush in.

"Sorry we're late Miss" Aurore says.

"It's okay" Miss Taylor smiles then glances up at the clock "If we get going now we still have plenty of time"

Lila's eyes widen "Wait, was there a script to learn?"

She hears Olivia's quiet scoff.

"Oh yes, has anyone got one they can lend Lila?" Miss Taylor glances around the class "She can learn it on the way over"

"Here you go" Mylene reaches into her bag and takes out a dog-eared script.

"Thank you" Lila takes it with a grateful smile.

"Now then shall we get going, the drivers waiting outside" Miss Taylor leads ahead, the group hurrying after her.

As Lila tries to walk out the door, Olivia shoves her aside. "Just give up now, loser" she flicks her black hair over her shoulder nearly slapping Lila in the face and walks out after the rest.