Keep Up

"Luka are you crazy!" Nathanael exclaims speed walking to keep up with the older boy down the street "We can't just barge in on them"

Luka grins "We're not barging in, the mall is a public place Nathan" he sticks his hands in his pocket "You're acting strange, why don't you want me to meet Lila?" Luka asks "Unless you're afraid that Lila will like me more than you"

Nathanael shoots him a dirty look "Don't talk nonsense" he also stuffs his hands in his pockets straightening up to try and appear taller "Fine we'll go see Lila"

"Great, although we were going whether you liked it or not" Luka speeds up his walk much to Nathanael's dismay as he has to run a little to keep up.

They reached the Mall and walked in. They slowly wandered around the Mall. Nathanael's eyes darted about in search of Lila. Then he spotted Lila walking out of a shop with Rose and Juleka. She was laughing at something Rose had said.

He smiled. "Lila!" he called rushing over to her. His face had blush appearing across it. Luka followed grinning at his friend's love-struck look.

The girls stopped and turned around. Rose smiled and waved. Nathanael reached them and smiled at Lila who raised an eyebrow. "Uh Hello..." she looked to Rose in confusion "Do we know him?" she whispers quite loudly.

Everyone stopped looking around each other in confusion. Then they started laughing.

"Good one, Lila as if you don't know me" Nathanael anxiously laughed.

Lila frowned at their laughter "I'm not joking...who are you?"

Their laughter stopped and everyone's eyebrow's furrowed. "Lila, Its Nathanael, You're boyfriend" Rose placed a hand on Lila's arm.

Lila laughed "...I don't have a boyfriend" her brows furrow and her eyes glimmer with confusion "Do I?"

Luka raised an eyebrow "Bro, did you have a have a fight with Lila to get her to pretend you don't exist?"

Nathanael shook his head and looked to Lila with round concerned eyes. She may be a good actress but she seemed too genuine right now. "Lila, you do know me, stop acting" he pleaded. He swore he saw the green of Lila's eyes flicker gold but only for a second. She shook her head stepping away "I'm sorry but I honestly don't know you"

The colour drained from Nathanael's face. "C'mon Lila quit this it isn't funny anymore" his voice was shaking as was his body trembling.

Luka, Juleka and Rose were all watching in concern.

"Lila, don't you see you're making Nath upset?" Rose scolded. Tears start to well in Lila's eyes shocking everyone. "I said I don't know him, I'm telling the truth why are you trying to confuse me?" she yelled.

"Lila..." Nathanael muttered, confused and upset. He wanted to comfort her but how could he when she genuinely didn't remember him.

Carlo watched with a sadistic smile. The look on Nathanael's face was so sad, it was priceless. He felt like laughing out loud.

Then he heard HawkMoth's booming voice in his mind: "Why are you messing about! I told you to get me the miraculous do you want to keep your powers or not!?"

Carlo rolled his eyes "One, you need to chill out, dude and two, I was promised justice against the freak and finally three, do you see anyone running around in spotted suits or black leather?" Carlo crossed his arms "The answer is no so until they come out I ain't being anyone's sniffer dog" he heard Hawkmoth's enraged growl but then the man left him alone.

He grinned. "Now I think that's been enough, it's time to Gatecrash this little party"

Nathanael's eye's glimmer with confusion and sadness "Lila, you seriously don't remember me?" he hesitantly reaches out to hold her hand and she steps away a little shaking her head, he is shocked and heartbroken by this. He can see the worried lines appearing across her forehead and knows she isn't trying to joke, this makes his heartbreak more.