Shocking News

Disha's POV:

Next morning I woke up in the arms of my husband as usual. My head was hurting, I remembered last night vaguely, I tried to remember what happened exactly after I went to the dance floor, slowly it all came to me how I acted stubborn and gave them hard time and how I apologized to the man hugging me right now.

I looked up at his handsome face and stroke his cheeks gently so I don't wake him up.

"Good Morning" he said with his eyes closed and kissed my forehead.

"Good Morning. How long were you awake?" I asked smiling at his little gesture.

"A while but I didn't want to leave my beautiful wife." He said looking lovingly in my eyes, and there in that moment I fell again for this handsome man in front of me.

I gave him a peck on his lips and when I tried to move apart he didn't let me. I put my hand on my lips.

"I haven't brushed yet." I said frowning.

"So haven't I. Does it really matter?" he asked

"Umm not really." I replied smiling like a love struck teenager and kissed him.

"Lets get out of the bed now I am very hungry and my head hurts." I said as we pulled apart.

"Of course you are, you didn't ate anything after lunch yesterday and drank like your stomach is a gutter. I thought you will end up throwing up but you didn't, impressive." Shourya said playfully making fun of my state last night.

I bit her hand playfully "Don't you dare make fun of me." He laughed and we went downstairs after finishing our morning routine.

We were watching a movie after breakfast when I got a phone call from Mom's number.

"Hey Mom" I picked up the call excitedly.

"Hello, Do you know Mr. Anand Khanna and Mrs. Rekha Khanna?" A male voice said from the other end.

I frowned since it was mom's phone and some stranger was talking to me about them.

"Yes, I am their daughter." I replied confused. Shourya and Nikhil both looked at me.

"Well this is Sr. Inspector Dhruv Batra from Jaipur, your parents met with an accident here. Can you please come here as soon as possible?" He said and my eyes widened in shock, I wanted to tell him yes I am coming but I felt a huge lump in my throat and my hands started shaking. My phone fell from my hand.

Shourya took the phone from the floor and talked to the police officer. I could only hear him telling we will be there in few hours.

Nikhil looked at him with worried expression asking what happened and he explained to him. I kept sitting there dealing with my own thoughts and negative feelings about this for I don't know how long.

I came back to my senses only when Shourya asked me to get up as we were leaving. I saw Nikhil and Shourya close to the door with some luggage. I walked behind them silently and we left for the airport.

After a couple hours in flight we finally reached Jaipur. Shourya called the police officer as soon as we reached. Soon we reached the hospital where Mom Dad were admitted.

When we reached outside ICU I began shaking in fear, Nikhil too had tears in his eyes. We were scared to go inside. Shourya held my hand and squeezed it to let me know he is there for us.

"Stay strong Dishu as you are, we have to take care of Mom Dad as well as Nikhil. I am here with you. Don't worry everything will be alright." He said and I nodded. He was right, I have to be strong.

We went inside and saw my parents lying motionless with various instruments and pipes attached to them. Their body was covered with bandages on various parts. Their heads too were covered with bandage.

I went to my Dad and touched his hand when a young doctor came to me. He must be a new doctor or may be an intern.

"Hello Miss, Are you a relative?" He asked me.

"Yes we are their kids." I replied trying to control my urge to cry.

"Oh great we needed to talk to family member. Can you please come with me." He said and I looked over at where Nikhil and Shourya were standing.

"Di you go I will stay with Mom and Dad." Nikhil said and I and Shourya followed the doctor to a cabin.

There was another middle aged doctor present. The young doctor introduced us to the middle aged doctor.

"Sir they are the kids of Mr. & Mrs. Anand Khanna." He said and the middle aged doctor got up from his seat.

"Hello I am Dr. Shekhar Shrivastava. I have been handling your parents case and we were waiting to meet family to discuss about their condition. This is my assisting doctor Dr. Naveen Sharma." He said as he shook his hand with us and signaled us to have a seat.

"Hello Doctor, I am Disha their daughter and this is my husband Shourya." I replied as we sat down.

"So Miss Disha your parents met with a very bad accident and were hurt severely in head. They lost lot of blood and several bones are fractured too. Your mother is not able to breathe on her own so we had to put her on ventilator. Your father's heart rate keeps fluctuating and he is currently in a state of coma. By the results from the tests we performed this morning it looks like their condition is worsening by the hour. We are trying our best whatever we can but then again we are only limited to what Science teaches us and we are not Gods." He said and paused for our reactions.

"So what can be done to revive my Dad from Coma? And is there anything we can do for my mom to help her breathe?" I asked with a broken voice. Shourya rubbed my back, he understood the graveness of the situation and probably he figured out the coming future.

"Miss. Disha, there is nothing we can do unless their bodies react to our treatment. Looks like your Dad is not willing and his condition is worsening much faster then your mom. To tell you the truth we don't expect he will survive till tomorrow morning." He said and I gasped. Tears started rolling from my eyes.