Finding the Truth-1

Disha's POV:

We reached the palace around 8:00 PM and gave our names at the security, they let us in without hassle.

As we reached the palace entrance we found Nisha and a man standing at the entrance. We got down the car and went towards them.

"Hi guys this is my husband Prince Rishabh Singh. Rishabh that is Mrs. Disha Mehra, her husband Mr. Shourya Mehra and her brother Mr. Nikhil Khanna. They are the family that helped me and Aayush in reaching home yesterday." Nisha introduced us as Shourya and Nick shook hands with Rishabh and I joined my hands and said Namastey.

"Hello guys and thank you so much for helping my wife and son. Unfortunately she forgot her phone too at home. If it wasn't for you guys God know how we would have managed." Rishabh said.

"Oh please don't mention his highness. We did what we want to happen if Disha is in such situation." Shourya said.

"Please don't call me his highness and all. I really don't like these sort of titles, I am just a normal commoner like you guys. Use this highness and all with my mother the Queen Janaki Devi. She is very used to of such titles. Please call me Rishabh." Rishabh said making us chuckle.

"It is Rishabh then." Shourya said and they both laughed.

We all went inside the palace and entered a huge hall where everything was extravagant, huge chandelier in the center, stylish lamps on the side walls, giant wooden sofa like a royal seat or something, few more wooden chairs with beautiful designs carved. There was a glass table in the center surrounded by the sofa and chairs placed on a long and giant hand woven carpet.

There was another hall attached to the hall which looked like another sitting hall but with more traditional setting, it had mattresses covered with white sheets with special Jaipur craftsmen handmade cushions and there were small tipoy placed in between the mattresses.

There were two staircases from either side of that hall and another hall to its left which we couldn't see from where we were standing. But whatever we could see was all shouting Royal.

We saw an onld lady dressed elegantly in a saree coming down the stairs with three people following her. As they reached the hall we were still standing at, the old lady asked Rishabh if we are the expected guests with grace.

"Mother this is Mr. Shourya Mehra, his wife Mrs. Disha Mehra and her brother Mr. Nikhil Khanna. They are the family that dropped Nisha and Aayush yesterday." Rishabh introduced us to the old lady sorry the queen.

"Good Evening your highness, it's a pleasure to meet you." Shourya said with courtesy.

"Good Evening Mr. Mehra, Thank you for your help yesterday we are grateful that our daughter met such a nice family." The queen said as she signaled us to have a seat on the giant sofa.

Then she looked towards me and hugged me.

"Hello Beta, Nisha told me about you last night. It seems she sees a friend and confidant in you." The queen said as she parts from Disha.

"Hello your highness, its my good luck that she considered me her friend. She is very sweet and reminds me of my best friend Rhea back in Delhi." Disha replied gracefully.

"Oh please dear, you people don't have to call me 'your highness'. Please call me Auntie, you are now a part of our family since one of us considered you as family." The queen said.

"Well that's very sweet of you but still we are just commoners Mam." Disha said and the queen frowned but didn't say anything.

"Anyways meet my family, this is my eldest son Vikram Singh, his wife passed away in an unfortunate accident years ago before giving birth to any child. This is my second son Jai Singh, his wife Latika Singh, they have a son Vinay Singh who is currently studying Masters in London School of Economics. You have met the youngest Rishabh, Nisha and Aayush. This is my family." The queen said as she kept pointing at people following her.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." All three of us said in unison.

We all were asked to move to the dining hall as the dinner was ready. Dining hall was the hall left to the traditional sitting hall, with one more huge chandelier hanged to the roof and a very large and long dining table surrounded by numerous chairs, it looked impossible for anyone to count the chairs there.

The queen took the center chair as head of family and rest all sat on either side of the queen. Mr. Jai Singh and his wife sat on the right of the queen, Mr. Vikram Singh along with Rishabh, Nisha and Aayush sat on the left of the queen.

Shourya sat adjacent to Mrs. Latika Singh and I and Nick sat close to Shourya.

There were large variety of food placed on the dining table and two female servants dressed in traditional Rajput dress (Lehenga Choli with dupatta covering their heards) served the food to everyone.

Dinner was a quiet affair nobody talked anything. I and Nick kept looking at each other in amazement since it was too quiet for us as we have a habit of chatting a lot over dinner.

Throughout the dinner I noticed Mr. Vikram Singh was stealing glances at me and Nick. It felt creepy being glanced by someone like that.

After the dinner we all moved to the first hall with wooden sofa and chairs and sat comfortably.

"Auntie if you don't mind can I talk to you alone for few minutes?" I asked the queen the first chance I got.

"Sure beta, let's go to my study." She said and took me to a big room which looked more like a library with lots and lots of books on long shelves and there were two big glass tables in opposite corners of the room and few chairs.

I felt Mr. Vikram's gaze chasing me until I entered the study with the queen.

As soon as we entered the study room, she locked the door from inside and signaled me to stay silent for a few minutes. Then she moved to one of the shelves to take out one of the books but she never took any out, rather she turned one of the red books on the shelves and a secret door opened in one of the walls. She signaled me to follow her.

I did what she asked me to and silently followed her. Once we both entered the room she closed the secret door. I started panicking by now, what if she is the one who ordered Nick's kidnapping and now she was going to kill me. Nobody will be able to find my body or believe Nick and Shourya if they tell anyone I came in study with the queen, since she will be killing me in a secret chamber. I took a deep breath and dig my nails in my fist really hard to overcome my anxiety.

"Have a seat beta. Would you like some juice or water?" The queen asked before moving towards the small refrigerator in the corner.

"Umm no thanks Auntie, I am fine." I said as I took a seat on one of the chairs. I started observing the room carefully to find the things I can use for self-protection in case she tries to harm me.

I was brought out of my thoughts when she sat in front of me with a glass of water and asked me.

"What did you want to talk to me about child?"

"Ummm actually the thing it.. that is.." I was still trying to find the words to tell her but wasn't sure if she was the right person to talk about it. I guess I asked to talk to her a little early. I was sweating profusely.

"Relax Disha, I know you want to talk to me about your parents and your brother's kidnap." She said with a serious face and I kept staring at her face in shock. So I was right, she is the one behind everything that happened to my family recently.