𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 - 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

You sat by the fire next to Mitch who was still sharpening his knife and beside Violet, who would take quick glances at you from time to time. She attempted to be discreet about it, but your cheeks had a light blush on them, indictating that you obviously knew; you couldn't let Violet know you knew though.

"Alright Aasim! Truth or Dare!" Louis chuckled mischievously. "...Truth.." Aasim replied cautiously. "Hm.. is it true that you.. think about Ruby.. while doing the deed." He wiggled his eyebrows. Aasim looked at him in both embarrassment and anger, "Dude shut the fuck up! I don't!" He managed to spit back. Mitch, Willy, and Louis bursted into a huge fit of roaring laughter while Violet rolled her eyes. "This is lame.. (Y/N), want to get out of here?" "Awww c'mon Vi! Don't be like that." Louis pleaded as he dramatically placed a hand on his chest. You gave her a nod, "Sure. Hey Lou, Vi and I are turning in for the night, thanks for.. whatever this was." You lightly laughed as Louis and the others exchanged their 'good night's' with you and Violet then soon enough heard the boys continue their silly little game in the dim courtyard once again.

You two walked into the admin building and headed up the stairs until you reached one of her favorite spots. It was a cozy looking area in the corner with a small mattress, two pillows and a small plaid blanket. The moonlight emitted from the huge window on the wall of the staircase. It looked almost dream-like. "I sometimes come up here just to get away from all that." She finally said. She sat on the mattress and patted the seat next to her. You sat beside Violet, she looked at you and gave you one of her small smiles but then as she looked away her face fell into a slightly saddened—yet in thought—expression causing her to release a small sigh. You picked up on this as you felt your heart slightly drop. "Is there something bothering you?" She shook her head, "Yes.. no.. ugh.. it's complicated." "Come on Vi, you know you can tell me anything right?" She nodded, "Yeah.. it's just about, someone I like." Violet rubbed the back of her neck; hearing those words hurt you a bit, but you pushed it away. Her happiness was more important and you wanted to be there for her. "Well.. what do you need help with?" You ask and she plays with a pin she pulled out of her pocket. "The person I like, she's.. she's always there for me but I'm afraid that one day she won't be. I don't know what to do about it, I want to tell her how I feel but I just don't want her to abandon me. She means a lot to me and I can't.. I.. I don't know what I'd do without her." You placed a hand on hers. "Look, I know you're afraid.. but I'm sure Clementine won't do that, she—" "Clementine? She's not the girl I like." You quickly pulled your hand away and instinctively looked in another direction; feeling very embarrassed and feeling that oh so annoyingly hot feeling begin to slowly flush across your face. "Sorry—sorry I just—you two were getting close lately and—I just thought.." You trailed off. Violet gave you a soft smile as she placed her hand on top of yours this time, "(Y/N).. I like you." You looked up at her your face was no longer red from embarrassment but now from Vi's confession. "Wait.. really? Me?" You asked, just to be sure you weren't hearing things. She nodded and chuckled, "Yes you. Who else?" You leaned in to finally kiss Violet. She was a little shocked at first but melted into the kiss; it was a soft yet intense kiss. She wrapped her arms around your waist pulling you two in closer. You felt whole around her, sharing an intimate moment with her like this made you feel at home. You never wanted to let that go.

Finally you two broke the kiss and Violet looked at you, her cheeks extremely flushed. "Oh—uh—I almost forgot.." she stuttered as she reached for the pin she was playing around with earlier. You viewed it as she held it between her index finger and thumb, it had a beautiful little sunset on it, since you both usually watched the sunset together but it was a little different, it had a mix of pretty pastel colors; blue with a light tinted purple at the top, the orange sun surrounded by red-pink-orange clouds. You remembered this sunset in particular, it was the day Violet made you her second in command—well—second-second in command. She made you her partner for almost everything, games, lookouts, patrols, fishing, etc. She asked you to be by her side through thick and thin and you happily agreed. The pin emitted the way you felt when she asked that question, a little nervous but full of bliss.

You beamed with content at the gift Violet made for you. "Thank you so much Vi.. I love it." She helped pin it on your jacket. "...You're not going to leave me right?" She looked at you with a worried look in those pale beautiful green eyes of hers. You placed your hand on her cheek, rubbing it with your thumb gently. "Of course not. I'm not ever going to leave you, no matter what. I'll always be by your side, remember? Through thick and thin." She wrapped her arms around your neck and you wrapped yours around her waist. You both melted together perfectly in the embrace. "Thank you (Y/N).." she whispered in your ear. You kissed her on the cheek to reassure her once again. As you two broke the embrace you both sat down, cuddling on the small mattress, talking to one another until you fell asleep in each other's arms.

A/N: Thank you for reading! I've been trying to push myself into writing more lately so sorry if these aren't the best but I really hope you enjoyed!