Chapter 6 - Morning Talk

*phone ringing*

I open my eyes when I hear a call from the desk beside my bed. Without thinking too much I slide it open to answer the phone call, expecting P' Big telling me to get my ass ready for our schedule today.

Yes, I have a schedule today, what do you expect?! I'm not here only for a vacation.

"I'm up..." I sleepily replied, laying my body back to the soft comforter.

However, a soft voice of  woman greets me with a chuckle.

Dammit!

This phone..?

I put away the phone from my ear to see that it's actually not mine.

"Oh, I'm sorry aunty. I thought it was my phone. Saint... he's-"

"It's alright."

She cut me even before I finished with my sentence. I have the feeling that she's not going to hang up the call, so I decided to ask her.

"Aunty, do you have something to say?" I said it so calmly over the phone, even though in reality my body is shaking because of nervousness.

It's not gonna be a short talk, or..?

"Nah, it's nothing. I just... wondering about you two."

I gulp, I hope my voice wouldn't be shaking.

"About us? Wh..what about P' Saint and me?" I asked, clearly I sounded nervous as hell.

I could hear Mom Nuk sighing on the other line, "I don't know." She paused a little.

"You clearly are not into men, and my son as well."

I know where this conversation would lead to, but I still can't figure it out about Mae Nuk's actual intention.

What would she tell me to do?
What would a mom would say to a guy who seems like having an affair with her kid who's also a guy?

Both of us are guys for whatever's sake. I don't even know how my mom gonna react if she knew that I'm in a relationship with another guy. Oh well, not yet in a relationship. But we will... I'll make sure that -

"Perth?" A voice got me back from my wandering mind.

"Khab, khab." I answered nervously, I thought my mind is gonna explode soon.

The nervousness is not even as close as when I was waiting for my audition's result. It was far beyond as I wait for her to continue.

"I don't have a problem with you two being so close to each other."

A smile is clearly shown on my face, and I think my face is getting red. She knew!

And what is this?
She's showing her blessing!

"Khab aunty." I become somehow excited.

"However.."

The smile drops from my lips as I know something wouldn't be good to hear after the word -However-.

"I don't think your parents can accept."

"My parents? They..." I hang on the last word because i don't know what to say. Making an excuse is not-so-me.

"You're still so young. I can understand your feeling. It might feel uncontrollable to the point that it's burning your sanity. However, you might forget about it once you two walk on your different paths."

Huh?

"Khab?"

"Don't think too much. Do what you wanna do, but remember about who you are. You're not only Perth, but you're also a son for your parents. They may have some expectations for your future."