Part 7: The Unlikely Paring

*Time Skip* Dec 23, 1996

Ron's POV: 

I slowly opened my eyes, the sun was shining  through the slightly opened window and there was a slight breeze blew through my hair. Where was I? A train whistle echoed in my small compartment and there was the distance sound of the treats trolly then I remembered that I was on the Hogwarts Express. I looked around my compartment and saw that both Harry and Hermione were gone. This isn't the first time, Harry has been seeking out of our dorm at all hours of the night and won't come back till the morning and I have even seen some love bites across Harry's chest and v-line. I tried asking him about it and he said that they were bruises from Quidditch, which I know is a lie. Hermione and him seem to have more inside jokes and stories that they neglect to tell me about. I have even seen both Harry and Hermione skip a class together. No... Harry wouldn't do that to me...would he. I mean he knows that I have been in love with Hermione since first year. There is no way that Harry and Hermione would be dating. Is there?

I had to find out so I started to search the other compartments. I peered into the windows of the closed doors and saw couples snogging and friends laughing and it just made me realize that we hadn't done that in a while. For the last couple of months, I have been kept completely out of the loop and I hate it. I continued walking and I was about to reach the end of the car when I saw Malfoy enter from the club car. I quickly hid myself in one of the empty compartments. Malfoy looked around suspiciously and walked into a compartment. I got out of my compartment and followed Malfoy and looked through the window. 

I saw Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Lupin, James, and Malfoy all sitting in the compartment. Sirius and Lupin were cuddling up, Lupin legs were stretched out on the rest of the bench and Sirius was messing with the rim of Lupin's shirt. James was on the floor sprawled out and it looked like he was telling a story. Finally, I saw Hermione laying down with her head in Harry's lap, he was playing with her hair and she looked so happy. Her legs were draped over Malfoy who was playing with her laces absentmindedly. They were all laughing and smiling and it looked like they didn't have a care in the world. My face was red with rage. I put my hand on the handle of the door to open it and I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"You don't want to do that...Trust me I understand what you are feeling." I turned around to see who was talking at it was Peter Pettigrew.

"What do you mean you understand what I am feeling? Aren't you a part of the Marauders?" I said confused.

"Come with me and we can talk." Peter walked away and I followed him into an empty compartment. "Listen Ron, I know what it is like to be pushed aside like your nothing, forgotten by your friends. I am here if you need a friend that will stick by you."

I knew that I shouldn't trust Peter but I mean whats the harm in one conversation, "I am just so angry... we were best friends for the last 5 and half years but these last couple of months they are hiding things from me and lying to me and I don't understand what I did wrong. I have been pushed aside my whole life and now my only friends are doing that exact same thing. I have risked my life to follow Harry into his crazy adventures and this is how he treats me. I love her...I love them both and I can't just stand here and watch them replace me with...MALFOY!" I vented and then let out a loud sigh. I looked at Peter expecting him to be completely tuned out but he was in fact still completely engaged. "Sorry for venting like that I guess I really haven't had anyone to talk to for the last couple of months and it has been really hard."

"It's fine, I understand I is just really nice to have someone that will be real with me and won't fake being my friend to protect my feelings. I just wanted to stay thank you for being so nice to me and I am really sorry for anything my future self did to you and or you family but I really do appreciate giving me another chance." 

"Everyone deserves a second chance, and maybe I can convince you to make that right choices this time around." I said with a smile. "Hey Peter, do you want to come over to my house for Christmas this year? My parents will be fine with it." Peter smiled and hugged me it took me a second to hug back, maybe Peter can be saved. "So I guess that is a yes?" I said with a chuckle in my voice.

"Yeah...It's a yes." Peter said with a smile.

Who would have thought that Me and Peter Pettigrew would be friends. That is what I would call an unlikely pairing.