Part 14: The Burrow

A/N Hello everyone, I can back from the dead. I wanted to thank you all for 1.5K views that is insane. I started this book because I couldn't find anything like it and it was more for me than anyone, but I could never even imaged that many people actually were going to read it. Thank you so much and enjoy.

Ron's POV: 

When Peter and I went back to the burrow. When my parents saw him they were immediately suspicious. I had to explain to them that he was a relative of Peter and nothing like the man that they knew. They took the bait, thank Merlin. 

"Why did you say that I was nothing like the man that you knew?" Peter asked me. 

"Well, You... well future you, betrayed Harry's family, causing the death of his parents. When Sirius came to confront you about it, you faked your death and turned yourself into a rat. This sent Sirius to Azkaban for 12 years, making Harry grow up with an abusive muggle family. My family took care of you, unknowingly, for 12 years and then you went back Voldemort and helped resurrect him and you also countless muggles and one of our friends, Cedric Diggory, in cold blood. That is only the stuff that we know about." I said. I realized after that fact that that was a lot of information to absorb.

Peter started to cry, "I am so sorry Ron, even after all I did to you and your friends, your still only treated me with kindness. I promise that I will never do that."

"I am going to hold you to that promise." 

We hung out for the next couple of hours and worked on his backstory. Then my mum called us down to dinner. We ran downstairs and it is now time for the hard part. Dinner. 

We sat down and my dad was the first to ask a question, "So, Peter, how are you related to Peter Pettigrew?" 

I looked at Peter and he nodded, "Well... he is my f-father, but he doesn't know about me and I hold no loyalty to him. You see he and my mother had a one night stand after drinking in Hogsmeade in their 7th year at Hogwarts. My mother never told him about me." My parents nodded and seemed to believe him. My mother was the next to ask a question.

"How can you hold no loyalty to your own father?" My breath hitched, we didn't prepare for this question.

"I never met the man. I think what he did was despicable and I will never forgive him for the people he murdered and things that he did. He left my mother scared and alone and never even checked in on her after." He seemed very upset which surprised me, maybe I miss judged him. 

After dinner, we headed upstairs and we made Peter a bed and went to sleep.

Hermione's POV: 

"I know what you did Draco..." was all Dumbledore said before grabbing the bodies from Remus and with a flick of his wand they turned to sand.

"What?!?!" I said in surprise. 

"Harry and his family are alive, and unharmed aren't they?" Dumbledore asked. Draco nodded.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on?" Sirius stated.

"Draco faked the deaths of Harry and his family so that they would no longer be targeted by Voldemort. It truly is genius." Dumbledore said nonchalantly. 

"H-How?" I asked.

"It doesn't really matter, we need to keep up appearances, so I want you to call Ron, and tell him that Harry is Dead," Dumbledore said.

"Why do I have to lie?" I asked. I loved Ron and it hurt me to think of telling this big of a lie to him.

"The fewer people that know the better, and I want to keep the only ones that know an elite group and Ron does not fit that,"  Dumbledore said.