Chapter 16: Willow

Dudley's POV:

We opened the door and saw we were in a shack of some kind. It was falling apart but somehow looked clean, this couldn't of been the safe place that Draco was talking about. I saw a bed with green and gold duvet and large pillows. The floor was clean and there were blank picture frames every where. There was a banner above the bed, it was a gold banner with silver accents and green snake was wrapped around a red lion. "It represents the union of Slytherin and Gryffindor..." Harry said growing sad.

"What?" Harry keeps saying words that I don't understand.

"Draco is a Slytherin and Harry is a Gryffindor. They are houses in Hogwarts. The Lion and the Snake, rival houses brought together in love, kinda poetic if you think about it." James stated with a slight chuckle. Harry hit James in the arm.

"Shut up." Harry said laughing. I smiled, it had been a while since I saw Harry like this, smiling, laughing, happy. There was still a deep seeded sadness, but it was very small at this moment.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The Shrieking Shack, the most haunted place in Britain." James stated matter of factly.

"Then why are we here?" I asked nervously.

"It was Draco and I special place where we would go to be alone. Nobody ever bothered us here." Harry walked over to one of the empty picture frames, when he touched it turned to a picture of Harry and Draco kissing, it was absolutely adorable.

" Harry walked over to one of the empty picture frames, when he touched it turned to a picture of Harry and Draco kissing, it was absolutely adorable

"We always talked about when this is all over we would buy this place and make it our home. When we had children all of Hogwarts would be their playground. That future is looking less and less likely." Harry stared out the window holding the picture close to his chest. It hurt me to see him this way. I wasn't much of a brother to him when we were growing up but I am going to make up for that now.

A little small wrinkly creatures wrapping in colorful mismatch clothing appeared in the room, "Mr. Harry Potter, sir, I am so glad my hunch was correct." It spoke.

Harry quickly turned around, "Dobby, I have never been so happy to see you! Can you give Draco a message?"

" Anything for you and Master Draco, I am indebted to both of you. What is your message?"

"Tell him that I am alive and that his plan worked, make sure he is ok. Tell him that I love and miss him and that we will be reunited soon." Harry said. Before Dobby could disappear I grabbed his shoulder.

"What are you and why are you calling Harry sir?"

" I am Dobby, the house elf, I am free thanks to Harry Potter. Harry Potter is a hero not only to me but to the entire wizarding world. He deserves to be addressed as such." Dobby said.

"Dobby, please make sure Draco is okay, but be careful!" Harry said with worry for both Draco and a house elf.

"Harry Potter will be pleased with Dobby, Master Draco will receive Harry Potter's message with haste." The elf disappeared.

This world is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Ron's POV:

I arrived home and saw saw Ginny, Fred, George and my parents solemnly rebuilding the burrow. With my help it was done in about an hour. Today is Christmas and it is the single worst day of my life. Tomorrow we go to find Theodore Nott, if we send the marauders back maybe we could change the fate that has befallen us.

I was laying down on my new bed, Peter sleeping on the floor next to me. I looked at the clock and it read 5:00am it had been 12 hours since the death of my best friend. I started thinking. If James died that wouldn't mean that Harry would have never born, Voldemort would never of been defeated and I would of never met Harry. So why can I remember him if he never existed? Wouldn't Voldemort rule of everything?

What if Harry was really alive? Or at least what if James was alive, because that would give us a do over.

Hermione's POV:

We arrived home soon after Ron and Draco left. Remus and Sirius went up to their room and I was following closely behind. My father stopped me, "Hermione, honey, your mother and I would like to talk to you."

"Ok, but tell me quickly I need to create a plan with Remus and Sirius about how to ki...defeat Voldemort." I said kinda distracted but what my mother was about to saw drew my full attention.

"That is actually what we wanted to talk to you about. Honey, we are going to pull you out of Hogwarts and you are going to attend a regular secondary school until university."