Chapter 8: Forgiveness and Recovery

After mikey's surgery he is still asleep and drugged from anesthetics. zofia sees ela and dokkaebi sleeping on the couch near his bed and she strokes his hair while thinking of her father's mistakes.
Zofia: (papa... did you really hate him... what did he do wrong... he want to make you proud... he hates you because you took his innocents away and made a monster...) she looks at him as he was sweating, she knew whats happening then mikey was whispering.
Mikey: "my life is not a fairy tale... its a living hell... why me?" she listens to him and understands his pain.
Zofia: "michal... even you hate father, even me, we still love you, we don't want to lose you." she kissed his forehead just before doc walks in the room and approached zofia.
Doc: "morning, i see michal is still sleeping and i have good news and bad news."
Zofia: "oh."
Doc: "bad news, from getting shot 4 times he will recover in a month and 1 in the leg so he has to use crutches for a bit, and goodnews..." he goes in his pocket and pulls out the a bottle of pills.
Doc: "his meds are here." zofia smiled and doc gave it to her.
Zofia: "thank you."
Doc: "welcome." after doc left them zofia looks at her brother.
Zofia: "you hear that michal? your going to be ok." she resumes stroking his hair trying to calm him down.

(TimeSkip Next day)

Mikey slowly opens his eyes and looks around the room.
Mikey: (what the?) mikey sees zofia sleeping next to him while sitting on a chair and tries to wake her up.
Mikey: "sis... zoe." zofia open her eyes and see mikey was up.
Zofia: "ranek."
(morning)
he smiles and holds her hand.
Mikey: "rano."
(morning)
Zofia: "how do you feel?"
Mikey: "a little tired."
Zofia: "well doc came in yesterday and brought these pills for you." she takes out a bottle and a pull out and gave it to mikey.
Zofia: "here." mikey was silent looking at the pill that is a switch him back to him old self.
Mikey: "i don't want too."
Zofia: "what?"
Mikey: "i don't want to go back to my old self, this pill makes me sick."
Zofia: "but-"
Mikey: "zoe... i- i- i-. he was showing tears then cried.
Mikey: "im scared to go back." he grabs her and hugs her making her understand that using the meds gives him pain.
Zofia: "its ok, you don't have to." she wipes his tears and lays him back down.
Mikey: "and i want to apologize for yelling at you, i wasn't myself that time."
Zofia: "its ok michal, i kinda deserved that."
Mikey: "where's ela and grace?"
Zofia: "ela and grace went to get your clothes and stuff so you can move in her apartment."
Mikey: "who's apartment?"
Zofia: "grace's apartment, doc said you have a month to recover."
Mikey: "and how about eugene?"
Zofia: "he is being trained be vigil and kapkan, including cavira."
Mikey: "what did six said to him?"
Zofia: "what's with you and questions?"
Mikey: "im worried about him, i gave him a promise that i will find his sister and bring her into safe hands."
Zofia: "i know, but for now you need to recover." mikey sighs and nods to her as she gives his clothes and helps him stand up giving him crutches to help him walk out.

(1 Hour Later)

Mikey makes it to the apartment and approaches dokkaebi's door and knocks on it.
*knock, knock, knock* the door opens and its dokkaebi with a smileon her face.
Dokkaebi: "mikey!" she hugs him tightly and hurting him a little.
Mikey: "grace, grace, it hurts!" she lets go and apologizes.
Dokkaebi: "im sorry."
Mikey: "its ok, good to see you too."
Dokkaebi: "don't just stand there come in." mikey goes in side and looks around the apartment and sits on the couch.
Dokkaebi: "you must be hungry from sleeping for almost 2 days."
Mikey: "yeah actually, i i'm."
Dokkaebi: "i made this just in time." she handed mikey a plate of grilled cheese and tomato soup and it tasted delicious.
Mikey: "these are great."
Dokkaebi: "really?"
Mikey: "yeah." after he was done eating she took the plate from him and hey lays on the couch and she come back and lays on the couch with mikey making him confused for a moment as she turns on the T.V to watch Netflix.
Mikey: "uuuuuuh-"
Dokkaebi: "what?" she grab his wrist and wraps them around her waist.
Dokkaebi: "don't worry, i won't bite." then covers themselves with a blanket.
Mikey: "so... what are we going to watch?"
Dokkaebi: "a Korean drama called Mr.Sunshine."
Mikey: "what is it about?"
Dokkaebi: "i don't know, i only read the description of it, i just started it."
Mikey: "ok then lets watch it." she clicks it and the first episode started. later after 2 or 3 episodes were watched, dokkaebi noticed mikey was asleep, she smiles and turns off the TV and turns to face mikey and thoughts about doing something to him.
Dokkaebi: (should i?) she hesitates and cuddles with him and moves closer to his face touching his forehead and moving her lips closer to his then kisses him for the first time and whispers.
Dokkaebi: "good night michal." then sleeps with him.
___________________________________________________________________________________