Chapter 1

Lost Boy

*Y/n's POV*

I remember the days when I would always get the courage to get out of bed early and rush out of the house, because of only one thing, and his name was Elijah. I've liked that dude ever since middle school. I would always walk with him to school and after - but that was until he went missing.

~1 Year Ago~

I was walking down the hall to leave school when I all of a sudden I bump into someone, and that person was Elijah. "H-Hey Elijah! Where are you going?" I curiously asked, the butterflies in my stomach fluttered as my cheeks turned red. "Oh, I'm going to detention - long story - but I'll see you tomorrow!" Elijah said with his cute smile. "Oh, ok. See you later!" I said as I started to walk away. "Byyyeeee!" Elijah playfully said. I giggled as I turned around to look at him one more time as he did the same. That was was the last time I saw him...

Present Day...

October 6, 2017

7:00 am...

My alarm went off: making me groan. I slapped the snooze button and sat up. I yawned, stretched, and rubbed my eyes. I sighed as it was another day waking up without seeing my bestfriend, Elijah. I got up and started to put my outfit of the day on. Once I looked in the mirror, I sighed. I walked to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I was finished I got a text from Spencer.

:D Spency: I'm here.

Ok, I'll be right out. :You

Right after I sent it I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs. I grabbed my lunchbox and my toast that was on the kitchen table set on a glass plate. I quickly walked to the front door and saw a sticky note on my way out.

I won't be back till midnight, love you!
-Mom

I smiled and shoved the note in my pocket as I opened the front door. Spencer quickly turned around, realizing it was me and smiled. "Did you do Mrs. Harington's math homework?" Spencer asked as we started to walk on the sidewalk. "Yeah, also Mr. Blacksmith and Mrs. Broud." I said looking at the ground.

"Oh - have you seen the new Terminator game at Rocket Arcade!" Spencer said with excitement. "You saw it too?!" I smiled. "Yes, but, I couldn't play the damn game, too many people were on it." "Oh, how about we go tomorrow with Martha!" Spencer looked at me with a smile creeping on his face as his face turned red. I smirked at him and we started to laugh.

"Dude, I'm being serous though, this could be your chance to finally swoop her heart away!" "I don't know, remember last time I tried asking her out?" "Oh yeah, those dudes really need to leave you alone, but this time it will be much different!" Spencer stopped walking and faced me. "Promise?" "Its a promise!" I smiled. We did our little secret handshake and laughed.

At School...

While I was in the middle of my History test I heard someone talking to a person on FaceTime, and I knew exactly who it was. I looked over my left shoulder to see Bethany talking about her ex and some other drama to her bestfriend. "Hey, theirs some weirdo behind you." Bethany looked up and saw the teacher, Mrs. Broud.