Chapter 3

Stranger

*Y/n's POV*

"What the hell-" Fridge said but was cut off when Martha fell on top of him. "Get the hell off me!" Fridge yelled. Martha quickly gets off of him. I sat on a rock and rubbed my forehead from feeling my head starting to hurt a little. I looked at my left wrist and saw three black lines. "Guys, I have a tattoo!" I said and showed them. "So do I," Spencer said as he looked at his left wrist and flipped it back over. "Sometimes." 

"That's weird, why do I have two instead of three?" Martha asked me. "Yeah!" Bethany agreed, turning to me. "I think those are the numbers of lives you have left!" Spencer said. "So you are telling me that we could die in this game!" Fridge horridly asked. "Y-Yeah." Spencer said fearfully with his voice cracking. 

Fridge rubbed his forehead: feeling pressure and fear overwhelm him. "Well, we're not gonna survive if we just sit here and do nothing, c'mon!" I said with a smile, trying to give them hope. "Bethany lead the way!" I smiled. "Ok," Bethany looked at the map. "We should be heading west!"

Hours Later...

We walked through the isles of this small town. People yelled out the items that they were selling as kids chased each other around. I looked over to see a dude selling some good-lookin' bread. "I am so hungry!" Bethany said, walking toward the stand filled with the delicious goods. Bethany grabbed one of the breads that was wrapped around this cloth and took a bite. "Mmmm! This is good!" Me and Martha grabbed a piece of bread and started to eat. 

I took off my hoodie that was covering my mouth and head to take a bite of my bread, which tasted somewhat like cake. Fridge walked up and grabbed some bread and took a bite. His eyes widened as he turned to Bethany. "Bethany I thought you said this was bread!" Fridge said. "I guess its been so long since I've tasted bread that I forgot how it tastes." "How the hell do you-" Fridge cut himself off in frustration as he turned toward the owner of these goods. 

"What is this?" Fridge asked. "That's my famous pound-cake." the man on the other side of the table said. "Cake?!" I said as my eyes widened. "Shit. A-Am I shaking?" Fridge asked Martha. Martha shook her head. "Am I breaking out?" Martha shook her head again. "Am I still black?" Martha nods her head. A grin forms on Fridge's face. "I'm good then. Nothing to be afraid of." Fridge said as he walked to Spencer's side and turned back toward us. 

"See its all good, it probably just meant that i loved cake and I-" Fridge all of a sudden explodes. Smoke formed in the air as I helped Bethany who had fallen to the floor.  We heard the dinging sound and down came Fridge who fell onto this shelf. "WHAT THE HELL!" Fridge yelled as Spencer helped him up. "Get your-" "You better shut your ass up!" Fridge harshly said at the owner. "Dr. Bravestone," we turn around to see a boy. 

"Thank goodness your here, Jumanji needs you!" "Hi I'm prof...something but I am a map doctor and we're looking for a missing piece of a map." Bethany says. The boy looks at her and back at Spencer. "Dr. Bravestone, thank goodness your here, Jumanji needs you!" the boy says again. "Rude!" Bethany mumbled to herself. 

"We're looking for the missing piece." Spencer says. The boy nodded and tells us to follow. I pulled my hoodie over my head again and over my mouth; only revealing my eyes like before. The boy led us to a little temple with a basket in the middle. "Trust each other and never blink," the boy turns to us. "The missing piece is not what you think." We were processing what the clue meant.