Chapter 6: Complete And Utter Asshole

After what happened last night, I'm not surprised that Conan and I managed to finish packing everything up at my Dads place.

All that is left to go is the kitchen table, the couch and Dads bed, which is planned to be picked up today after work.

After what happened with Conan and I last night, he has been slightly distant. I mean it's not that I'm complaining, I actually don't mind the peace and quiet, but I also don't mind talking to Conan.

He can be quite nice to talk to when you get to know him better, or, when he understands you better, I guess. Androids are weird, but also amazing at the same time.

"Conan, Are you okay? You seem a bit quieter than usual." I ask, slightly concerned, as we come to a stop, waiting for the red light to change back to green.

"I'm perfectly fine, just reviewing the footage I have of the crime scene, in case we forget something." Conan answers, putting my concern to ease, slightly.

"Okay, I was just concerned that I did something to annoy or anger you." I say as I breath a sigh of relief that I didn't do anything to upset him.

The rest of the ride to the precinct was silent, until we arrived, where Reed just happened to be arriving at the same time we were.

"Hey, Anderson, I'm sorry about Alex, even I know now not to do that to you. You deserve better." He says as we all exit the parking lot next to the precinct, almost shocking me to death.

Reed, being nice without him getting anything in return? That is an absolute first to see. He is nice every now and again but usually his niceness is accompanied by him being an asshole, so him being nice without that is definitely a first.

"Lieutenant, we have another case we have to go to, one that is not linked to this one with detective Reed. We have to go now." Conan says as we reach the doors of the precinct.

"Seriously? You couldn't of told me that before we got here?" I question him, annoyed that I had to walk all the way to the doors of the precinct only to not go in and need to walk back to the car and drive to another crime scene.

"The case was only just assigned to you. I couldn't of know before that." Conan replies as we start walking back to the car. "Yeah, and I couldn't of know that I was going to have to put up with a fucking Android as a partner." I say getting pissed off with Conan's attitude.

"You May want to calm down before we get to the crime scene, you being angry with me won't help solve the case." Conan says as we return back to Dads car.

"What's wrong with you!? One second you're very likeable the next you're acting like a complete and utter asshole!" I ask as we get into the car, with Conan driving again.

"Maybe because I have to work with a Lieutenant that has anger issues." Conan mumbles to himself, but not quiet enough for me to not hear what he said.

"I don't have have anger issues. I lost the last family member I had one week ago. You can't just expect me to be fine after that!" I yell at him, my voice slightly breaking in the middle of that.

"I don't expect you to be fine after that,if anything I expected you to be like this. What I'm trying to say is that if you calm down, we can get back to getting along." Conan starts, turning towards me and placing his left hand on my arm, trying to calm me down. It's working slightly.