Chapter 19: My Love For You

I'm so sorry this took me so long!! I got writers block halfway through writing this and then I mainly focused on editing and I'm SO sorry!!

I'll try to never let that happen again! And it's not just for you guys, I'm trying to prove to myself that I can do something constantly and posting a chapter once a week is that thing for me. So I'll try to work on that!

"I would ask if you're okay, but I know that you might not actually answer that truthfully so I won't." Conan says as we get off my bike once we finally arrived back at home after a day of getting almost nothing out of every piece of evidence we have so far.

"Whatever." I say not caring about anything as I try and undo the stupid bloody strap on my helmet. The more I try to undo it the more frustrated and upset with.. with everything I guess.

"Y/n! Let me do it for you, you're going to hurt yourself." Conan says sounding really worried as he grabs my hands and pulls them away from the strap.

"I can do it myself, it just takes a bit." I try to argue but end up sounding like I'm crying. Which I probably am, I just probably haven't noticed it yet.

"Hey, it's okay. It's my fault for saying that we should tell her, not yours." Conan says after he gets my helmet off, placing both his hands on my cheeks and turning my head to look at him.

"I know, but I promised myself after Cole died to never say those words to anyone, yet I just had to say them, didn't I?" I say as I feel more tears roll down my cheeks than before. If I wasn't already crying, I am now.

"It's not your fault. Whether you know it or not, it's not. Learn it! Cause I can't stand seeing you cry, it hurts knowing that there's nothing I could do to help make you feel better." Conan says sounding slightly mad about this.

"I'm sorry that I'm putting you through this, you're probably still going to say it's not my fault but, I'm sorry." I say as I grab one of his hands that are still on my cheeks and hold it where it is while leaning into it.

"I love you Lieutenant." Conan says as he places his forehead against mine. "I love you too Rk900." I say back as I lean as far into his touch as I can.

"Come on, you need to have a shower than some sleep." Conan says as he grabs one of my hands and pulls me towards the elevator. "Just as long as I can sleep, I'm happy." I say as we wait for the elevator to get here.

"Okay, I think I know the three main things you need in your life." Conan says, causing me to look at him, curious as to what he thinks I need in my life and if he can actually get them right.

"Food, sleep and Grey." Conan continues as we step into the elevator. "Yes, but you forgot the one other thing I need in my life." I say as I enter my key and press my floors button.

"And that is?" Conan asks as he looks at me like I just said that I killed someone. "You." I answer simply, earning a completely speechless android in return.

"I- I don't know what to say. An android shouldn't have that honour, especially not a non-deviant one." Conan says sounding completely shocked at what I just admitted to.

"Yeah well, I think you do. Especially considering you feel love when you're not supposed to feel at all." I reply as we continue waiting for the elevator to reach my floor.

"My love for you is forever growing, every time you say something like that, it reaches another level that I didn't know existed." Conan says randomly, causing my heart to swell at how sweet and adorable his words are.

"Aww, that's so sweet, Conan." I say as I give him a quick kiss on the cheek and another smile. "Is that seriously all I get?" Conan replies cheekily as he wraps his arms around my waist to keep me against him.