Chapter 17: Punch, Kiss Or Tease

Note to self, don't write when it's 12 o'clock in the morning, you'll just write something about sleeping and want to go to sleep instead of finishing the chapter!

Y/n/n = Your nick name (if you have one, if not whatever you want as a nickname!)

"Conan what's going on?" Y/n asks sounding terrified as I decide that we are far enough away to not get hurt. "The surgery wasn't for his heart, it was to add a bomb." I explain as I turn to look at her.

"Wha-" Y/n tries to say only to be cut off by a very loud explosion, which we were obviously not far enough away from considering the fact that both Y/n and I were knocked back onto the ground.

"Ow." I manage to pick up a couple seconds after the explosion. "That actually hurt." I hear Y/n say as I feel her push against my chest to try and stand back up.

"Careful, I don't want you getting hurt." I say as I sit up and help her stand up as I stand up myself. "Well fuck." Y/n says as she looks back towards the crime scene only to see it completely screwed.

"Conan call the bomb squad, get them to see if it's safe to restart the investigation, then call the mortician and tell them that they're going to have to do the best they can do with a blown up corpse. Everyone else wait until the bomb squad says it's safe, them get back to work! This was obviously planned as a threat so be cautious when we're back on scene! Anything could happen!" Y/n says, making me realise exactly why she's a lieutenant, she's perfect for it.

"Bomb squad is on their way and the Mortician has been notified. They'll also send out a specialist for this sort of stuff to help, they'll be here as soon as they can." I say to Y/n after a couple of minutes of getting ahold of everyone that was needed.

"Thanks Nines." Y/n says, giving me a smile to show that she means it. "You're welcome Y/n." I reply, using her name since there's no one within earshot of us.

"What's with the name change? I thought you liked calling me Conan?" I ask with a slight smirk as she faces my direction. "I do like calling you Conan, Nines was just the first Rk nickname I could think of, right now." Y/n explains as she looks behind me.

"Bomb squad's here, hopefully they'll be quick with this, I want to know where this case is leading us." Y/n says as I turn to where she was looking just to make sure.

"They should only take an hour or two, but while we're waiting, do you want lunch?" I ask as I look back at her, only to see her already staring at me.

"I'd love lunch." She says as she smiles either at me or the idea of food. "Why did I even doubt that you would? You're always hungry." I joke as we start heading back towards the car.

"Hey! I'm a very active and lazy person, thus meaning my hunger is also very active. So don't blame me, blame my job." Y/n jokes back, lightly punching my arm after I 'offended' her eating habits.

"Oh come on!" Y/n says as we arrive back at the car, only to find it with a couple small pieces of shrapnel from the explosion in the side of it that was facing the crime scene.

"At least it's not your bike, you would kill the people who caused the explosion if it was your bike." I point out as she waves over one of the officers that collect evidence.

"Yeah, I would of. How much is this going to cost to get fixed?" She asks as we wait for the officers to come over with a camera to take photos of the car and take the shrapnel out of the car.

"The DPD will fix it for you, if they don't replace it that is." I answer as the officer finally arrives with a camera and a couple of evidence bags to put the shrapnel into.