Chapter Eleven: Even Dragons Need Their Beauty Sleep

You guys are amazing. I hit 1,000 views! You have absolutely no idea how  much that means to me!

Thank you so so so much! You guys are the absolute best!

Keep Calm, and Hobbiton (see what I did there? I'm genius! Not really, but you get what I mean :) )

PS:

Please read A/N at the bottom! :)

•••

After Bilbo had gone into the mountain, the company sat around outside the door, waiting impatiently waiting for the hobbit to return. With the Arkenstone,which is apparently why he had joined the quest in the first place.

Adelaide sighed, leaning back against the stone side of the mountain, shifting around so pointy edges weren't digging into her back. Thorin sat down beside her, and took her hand in his, smiling reassuringly down at her.

"Thorin?" She started.

"What is it?"

"If there really is a, you know, dragon...in the mountain...how do you plan to take it back?" She questioned, looking into his blue eyes.

He sighed, looking down at their intertwined hands. "I don't know."

It seemed that just as soon as the words left his mouth, the ground shook violently beneath them, crumbling pieces of the mountain.

"Earthquake?" Ori suggested, hopefully.

Balin shook his head. "No, lad. That, was a dragon."

Adelaide quickly pushed herself from the ground, running to the doorway. She was pulled back roughly, by the hood to her white cloak.

"No, Adelaide! It is too dangerous!" Thorin protested, pulling her away from the door.

"I don't care, Thorin! What about Bilbo?!" She cried, fighting to loosen his grip on her.

Bombur nodded. "Aye, the lass is right. He's part of the company!"

Thorin looked into all the worried eyes of his company. "We go in together."

•••

The Company ran into Bilbo about halfway down the halls of Erebor.

Literally.

"Oof!" Adelaide stumbled back after running into the hobbit, only to be caught by Thorin before she hit the ground.

He stood her up, before turning his stern gaze to the hobbit.

"Did you find it? Did you find the Arkenstone?" He questioned.

Bilbo swallowed nervously. "Yes, but-"

"Where is it?!"

Bilbo could feel the sweat drip down the back of his neck. "It's back with the dragon!"

A huge roar shook the cavern, and the company froze, looking up. A huge shadow moved along the wall. Icy fear ran through Adelaide's veins.

The company ran, coming to a dead end, with dead dwarf bodies scattered about.

Smaug roared again, coming close to their hiding spot. Thorin refuses to die as his kin did; cowering in fear, and gasping for breath.

So they ran, coming close to where they first entered.

Thorin turned to his other half. "Addie, I need you to leave."

"What?! No! I'm not leaving you!" She protested, her blue eyes going wide.

He placed his hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes. "Go warn the town. My nephews."

She opened her mouth to say something.

"Please," he said.

She nodded quickly, grabbing his shoulders and crashing her lips to his. They kissed hard for a few more seconds, until she turn and ran, fleeing the mountain to warn Laketown.

With her half-elf speed, and her dwarf-like ability to sprint [A/N: Gimli, anyone? No? Okay...] she made it back to town within thirty minutes.

"Please," she begged, grabbing a woman's arm. "Smaug is coming!"

The woman ripped her arm from Adelaide's grip, sneering disgustedly at her.

Adelaide gave up on begging the townspeople, and quickly made her way to Bard's house.

She knocked frantically on the door.

Bard opened it, and his eyes widened when he saw her. He went to close the door, but she jammed her four in it.

"Please! No one is listening to me! Smaug has awoken!" She was grabbed by her wrist, and tugged inside.

Fili, Kili, Oin, Bofur, and a red-headed elf looked up at her in surprise.

"Aunt Addie! Where is the rest if the company?" Kili questioned.

Adelaide would have blushed at the name another time, but right now, there was a bloodthirsty, fire-breathing dragon that could wreck havoc on the town.

"They're still in the mountain. Thorin sent me to warn you."

Bard quirked an eyebrow. "Warn us about what?"

"Smaug." As soon as the beast's name tumbled from her lips, a deafening roar filled the air.

"He is coming."

•••

A/N:

Oh, gosh! How awful am I?! I left you guys hanging for almost a week!

Okay I have a few questions that I really want you guys to answer:

1) Have any of you read my Hobbit Imagines?

1b) If so, do you like them?

2) Have any of you checked out my New LotR book, Return if the Queen? (And no, it's not an Aragorn story. It's Faramir/OC.)

Please, please answer! I want to hear from you guys! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments!!

God.

I sound desperate.

PS:

To any Harry Potter fans reading this story, I have a fem!Harry story up. Please check that out and let me know how you like it.

Nothing wrong with a bit self-promo!

😊

✌️peace out!