Dragon Racing Part Two

<Strike's POV>

We both flew towards the sheep that would guarantee a win for me, or toothless. We were faster than a lightning bolt, our minds set on getting that sheep. I tried to send him off course again by firing a plasma blast in front of him, hoping that when it exploded it would distract him long enough to grab the sheep. I was wrong. He dodged the smoke cloud it created and he tried to send me off course by ramming into the side of me. "Oh no you don't!" I growled as I pushed him back.

He dived towards it and he caught it in his mouth as it began to fall "DAMN IT!" I roared as he flew to the sheep-box and dropped it in. He won. 

After the race he walked over to me "Hey, that was fun. We should do it again sometime" he smiled "Yeah, sure". I responded, that was actually fun, I haven't had this fun in years. "Also, no one has came this close to beating me before, so you have that" "I suppose, would have been great if I beat you. Though" he chuckled, "Well, there's next time" I added "Well, when that time comes. You still wont win" he said, showing his confidence "Yeah, well, I will beat you next time".

We laughed and talked the way back to the hut when toothless stopped me "hey, we have a spare hut...you..you could stay there if you want to" he said, why does he stutter around me? 

"Sure" I responded, hes been getting shy around me recently. I'll ask him later.  "So..Toothless, you never explained why your called 'Toothless'" "Well, when me and hiccup first started to interact, I had my teeth retracted, and when he handed me a fish I still held them back and he gave me the nickname" "Did you have a name before toothless?" I asked.

He thought for a moment "Not one I can remember" "Ok", while we were on the way to the other hut a heavy thunderstorm started, the hut was far and he was without hiccup so we had to hid in a nearby cave. We shouldnt risk getting killed.

Thankfully there was some wood inside of the cave, we didn't question it. perhaps a viking who made a campfire, and we lit the wood and lay near the fire.

For a few hours we lay there in silence, we could hear thunder in the distance.

"Hey strike" I turned my head to face toothless "hey. What's up?" I asked "Well I was wondering how you felt about hiccup" I feel like hes beating around the bush "Hes alright, he cares about you. And the whole of berk, I bet his father is proud of him" his face fell "whats wron-" before I had the chance to finish he said "he was proud of him...before.." I turned and looked me dead in the eye "before I killed him" he finished, his eyes were full of guilt, I couldn't hate him...not for this, "it was the damn bewilderbeast...he made me do it, took control of me and tried to make me kill hiccup, but stoic got in the way, saved hiccup. But killed himself in the process" his voice was breaking, "It wasn't your fault, I know what those monsters can do..." he looked at the floor "I know that you wouldn't, it was the bewilderbeast's fault. Not yours" he looked a little better "thanks...strike" he smiled a little. I felt a strange feeling in me.

Do I feel good that I helped him there?

Do I care about him?

Does he care about me?

I was snapped from my thoughts by a loud CRASH of thunder. "Anyways, why did you ask about hiccup" I asked, trying to change the subject "I was just wondering" "I feel like this actually isn't about hiccup, you were beating around the bush".

<Toothless's POV>

How did he know? "I...was getting to me, so how do you feel about me?" I asked "Well, you actually treat me nicely, so your...OK I guess" he avoided eye contact for a moment then he turned back to me "How do you feel about me?" he sounded like he didn't want to ask "I...I care about you" I have to try to stop stuttering or he will find out. I can't let him, I can't take chances, he could tell everyone and I will be hated by everyone.. 

We lay in silence for a while before "Can you tell me about your story, I want to know what made you like this" "No, can you just STOP ASKING!" he roared, "sorry I ju-" "Just shut up. I'm not going to tell you, and you just can't stop. You just keep going on and on and it just pisses me off!" he growled, venom in his words.

He turned away from me and I felt my heart break, tears welled in my eyes. "I-I..." was all I could get out. He turned to me "Just...stop asking...alright?" "A-alright" I stuttered.

"Why the hell are you crying?" he said, "I-I...I just, I hate it when you get angry at me" "That isn't the reason, I know it".

<Strike's POV>

After that he couldn't say anything else the whole night, just silently cried.

When we woke up it was lightly raining, so its safer than violent lightning bolts. 

We continued to the hut, he didn't talk most of the way "Toothless, I'm sorry. I just got pissed off" "I-its fine, I shouldn't have asked", I felt better that we cleared that out.