Strike's Story

<Strike's POV>

I sighed and stared at the fire, no turning back. He has to know. Before starting I collected my memories, my thoughts, my feelings and took a breath. This is a long story, and I'm no good at story telling, so I'll try my best. "I'll start with my earliest memory" I told him and he nodded, making sure to not interrupt me.

-------------

'It was a stormy night, I was 6 at the time, hiding in a cave with my only relative, my mother. I hid under her wing, she wasn't a night fury, she was a monstrous nightmare who found me in a lake one night and ever since then she looked after me. That night in the cave was when my life began to fall apart, While we were hiding in the cave a dragon I have never seen before walked in and attacked her, that dragon, was the only one of its kind that I have ever seen in my life, I flew as fast as I could, going from island to island for three years, until I found the seemingly perfect one, I lived there with other dragons, they were nice...at first after a few months I fell for a young male deadly nadder, once I told him, he attacked me. Giving me the scar I have on my neck, he then told everyone and I was forced to leave. And some of those dragons went to other islands, telling them about me, and when I got to said islands I was forced to leave. Or die. 

And that went on for until I was 15, when I went with a human, he was like hiccup. Kind to dragons, he was killed by the deadly nadder I fell for years ago, so I killed him too then left, after that I went on a murder spree, killing any dragons that hurt me in the past, and any that got in the way, I spent my whole life running, then killing. And before I knew it I was 17 and killing anyone I saw, and one night. Everything caught up to me, everything I done, everyone I killed. I spent a week alone, then after thinking about it. I threw myself off a cliff..I survived somehow and woke up wounded on a beach, I wandered around. All dragons I met hurt me, both physically and mentally. I then continued flying island to island, cave to cave. Until I was 21, when I found you, Toothless. When we met, I was both angry, scared,  and confused.

I had never met someone that liked me for who I am before you, both people who I did come to trust died, so I tried my best to get you to hate me, yelled at you, treated you horribly, and you always stayed on my side, I've been pushing people away, I couldn't take any more losses, any more heartbreak, my heart is fragile, and broken, and I didn't want to take a risk. Made myself believe I didn't mean anything to you. Tried to push you away. And even after I attacked you back there, you said you loved me, I have always hated myself for being into males, thought I was the only one, thought I was useless,  but, you...you made me feel like I belong, you are the only one that has ever cared about me in a way I couldn't understand.'

---------- 

After I stopped talking, he teared up a bit "oh my gosh...Strike..I'm so sorry" "Well I'm not" he looked confused "why not?" I then took a deep breath "Because, that was the path I took, that led me to you, how could I feel sorry about something I'm so glad for?" he wrapped his wings around me in a embrace.

"Toothless, your the first thing in years that I have to live for" he rested his head against my neck, we stayed there cuddling like that for a while. 

After a while I yawned "Lets get some sleep" I said and he nodded.