What The Hell Is This Place?

When Ingrid woke up, she thought she had finally died. Oh well, at least she was at rest though. Wait. Why could she think, if she was dead? With certain experation, she realized that she wasn't dead, and was rather annoyed at the thought.

Her second thought was Terrance. He had been caught in the blast, hadn't he? And if she was alive, that meant he was alive. And so with reluctance, she opened her eyes a crack, expecting to see the glare of a hospital ceiling. Perhaps a doctor, if she was unlucky.
What she got, wasn't anything remotely like that.

She opened her eyes wide, as she stared at a gentle blue sky, with sheep like clouds dotting the atmosphere like white, clumsy ink blots.

Ok, she was definitely in heaven.

She sat up, and her shock further increased, when she saw great rolling hills of green, ever stretching beyond the horizon. She stood up unsteadily, feeling dizzy with amazement. She was standing on a great hill of grass, as the wind ruffled her hair. Her ponytail was slowly coming undone, as she watched the stunning view below her.

"Where am I?" Ingrid asked no one in particular. So, she was understandably surprised when she got an answer.

"No idea, but I like it here."

She looked behind her, to see Terrance lying down, staring up at the sky with a vague expression. She walked over, and sat down next to him, curling her arms around her legs. A strange sensation of no longer really caring came over her, as she too lay back into the soft grass.

"What even happened?" She whispered, looking up at the calming sky. She felt Terrance shrug next to her.

"Don't know, don't care."

If Terrance wasn't caring, that meant something was seriously wrong. Usually if bad stuff was going down, he'd be flapping his arms like a chicken, and hyperventilating. But she didn't have the brain power to deal with whatever the situation was, so she closed her eyes, as fatigue washed over her in unexpected waves.

Man, dimension hopping really sucked the juice out of you.

Wait a second.

Dimension hopping.

As if a little news reel played over in her head, Ingrid suddenly remembered the gravity of the situation. She had only seen scenery like this in TV shows, and movies. Things that only creative minds could conjure up, to make such a perfect place.

This wasn't her Earth. Heck, it wasn't even her dimension! She and Terrance had successfully pulled off their trick, and most likely got a nine in their science grade. The down side was that they were now in a completely different universe...

... With no way to get home.

Ingrid bolted up, slapping a hand to her mouth. She found herself knee deep in a silent panic. Terrance looked over at her lazily. "What?"

"Oh my God," she whispered, rocking herself in a state of shock. "We're in a different universe."

Terrance looked at her curiously, before the same dawn of realization overcame him, and he sat up so fast, it would have put the Flash to shame.

"We're in a different universe!" He screamed, and ran his hands through his hair, as he stood up and stalked up and down frantically. Ingrid kept rocking herself, not daring to unroll from her safe position.  "Oh my God!" Terrance shrieked. "We're in a different universe! With no way to get home! Oh my God! I thought this only happened in Si-fi movies!"

"The question I'm asking is, which universe are we even in?" Asked Ingrid, daring to lift her head from her arms.

"Well, it isn't K-POP." Terrance said, a matter of factly.

"Then where?" Said Ingrid sharply. She gestured to the beautiful view in front of them, which visibly didn't match the situation. "I know for a fact this ain't Star Wars."

There was a panicked silence. Then Ingrid's face turned white, as she spotted something on the horizon. "Terrance," she whispered.

He turned, and was rather unnerved to see his best friend with a horrified look on her face. Well, it wasn't that he wasn't already unnerved, it was just that he wasn't used to seeing her with that expression. Ingrid was usually the calm one in a bad scenario.

"What?" He hissed, his heart thumping.

"Look over there," he followed her shaking finger, and almost had a stroke when he saw none other than bloody Superman, flying across the plains towards them. With a sudden burst of energy, fueled by terrified adrenaline, Ingrid stood up, and grabbed Terrance's hand.

"Run." She stated. Terrance nodded, before the two began a mad dash down the opposite side of the hill. They scrambled, their legs pumping, as their feet thumped across the ground like a dramatic drum beat.

Terrance tripped over a stone, and went rolling down the hill like a sausage. Ingrid quickened her pace to get to him before something happened... Or someone got him. She thankfully reached him, and pulled him up from under his arms, her heart thundering in her chest. A sudden gust of air passed over their heads, causing both of them to yelp in surprise. They looked up, and saw some kind of aircraft circling them.

"Move, move, move!" Ingrid screeched, as they took off again.

Note that the two had never actually been in a real chase before. The only reason they were even running, was because they had been influenced by way too many adventure films, and were only what they'd seen.

"There!" Ingrid yelled, "those woods! We'll loose them in there!"

They began bolting to the forest, when Superman, yes, the Superman, landed in front of them.

"Stop!" He said in a deep voice, sounding just like he did in all of those shows. Ingrid almost had a heart attack, when something very strange occured.

In a moment of panic, Terrance's eyes turned white, and suddenly glowed with a bright energy. Then he held out a hand, and burst of light came from it, striking Superman directly in the chest. The guy fell, out for the count. The two adolescents stood astounded.

"Dude!" Commented Ingrid. "You just busted Superman's skull!"

She looked behind, then gave a start to see the aeroplane landing, a few kilometers behind them.

"No time to wonder though," she said, pulling a bewildered Terrance deep into the green thicket. Ingrid didn't dare to look back, as she dragged her shocked friend through the evergrowing shrubery.

They stopped, for a few seconds, to catch their breath. Terrance was looking afraid of himself, staring at his hands in a quietly terrified way.

"What did I just do?" He said, rubbing his hands on his jeans, as if they would somehow cleanse them from this weird new power.

"Don't know," answered Ingrid. "But I think I know where we are."

Terrance looked up at her, momentarily distracted from trying to wipe himself of the invisible energy. "You do?"

She looked at him grimly. "You know many universes with Superman in them?"

They spoke the next sentence in unison. "We're in DC."