Totally Not Suspicious

Ingrid and Terrance eventually found their way to a small town, after a long trek of evading any aircraft, or people in general.
Terrance was having a full out panic attack, hyperventilating and thinking way beyond the point of no return.

Ingrid was just plain confused. She hadn't told Terrance, but when she'd looked at the machine, when it hadn't worked, she had been very sure the machine had broken down from too much radioactivity. So, if the invention hadn't worked, what had triggered it?

She was abruptly pulled from her thoughts, when Terrance asked her randomly, "Ingrid do you think I have super powers?"

"Maybe," replied Ingrid, checking her phone. No signal. She sighed, and stuffed in back in her pocket.

"This literally cannot get any worse." Terrance continued, staring blankly at his hands, as they walked through the town. "We are stuck in a different universe, I possibly have super powers, and-" he stopped and looked strangely at her. "Do you have super powers?"

"I highly doubt it," Ingrid answered, looking around at the flat figures around them. Everyone else was giving them weird looks too though.

But it's not everyday you see two lost looking kids, one that is an Aboriginal transgender, who looks like he's about to cry, and from the other you're getting a depressed female Percy Jackson kind of vibe.

It was getting towards night however, and Terrance was getting more stressed by the seconds.

"What if we get robbed?!" He shrieked, running a hand through his hair.

"We've got nothing on us," Ingrid said in a bored tone.

"How are you so calm?!" Terrance gabbled, flapping his hands. "We are stuck in a different universe, with no way, let me repeat that, no way, to get home! How can you be so calm?!"

"Jesus, Terrance, calm down!" Ingrid hollered, making him shut up. "Do you think I haven't noticed that we're not exactly on our Earth?" She continued, gesturing to the dark road, that was dimly lit with streetlights. "This looks like something straight out of a movie! A disaster, waiting to happen!" She dropped her hand, and out of habit, brushed the back of her head to feel her high pony tail.

"Ingrid, you ok?" Asked Terrance, a little confused about her outburst. Ingrid lowered her head.

"I don't know, Terrance. In all honesty... I'm actually pretty happy, now that I think about it."

Terrance gaped at her. "What?"

"Well," she said, looking around. "I'm in DC! One of my favorite fandoms. This is something I could only dream of, and now I'm here. I just want to milk it for a bit. I was kinda hoping to meet Batman."

"Oh, of course it's Batman," Terrance said skeptically.

Ingrid ignored him, carrying on. "I want to enjoy the fact that I'm out of my life for a bit. Just a few hours, or even five minutes." She took a breath. "I don't wanna go back to my life..." She saw Terrance's worried expression, and hastily added, "yet."

"Mmm," Terrance said. "That is true I suppose. I just wish we'd gone through a K-POP hole. I could have met Jimin. Maybe even been in BTS!" He wiped a fake year of his face, and sniffed dramatically.

Ingrid rolled her eyes. "Come on, you Korean drama show. Let's go sightseeing a bit."

"Sightseeing? In the middle of night?" Terrance questioned, running after Ingrid as she started to walk away.

"Yeah," she said, a dark smile appearing on her face. "It'll be fun."

"That's not my definition of fun," Terrance mumbled, as the continued to make their way down the street. "My definition of fun is watching a bunch of K-POP videos. And downloading memes. And doing satisfying artwork. And drinking too much tea. And-"