This Is Not Ok

Without a moment to spare, Zack grabbed Terrance's shaking arm, and began to pull him over the counter.

Ingrid cussed again, "Oh try me, you little asshole. Over my dead body."

Without another second of rational thought, she burst into the shop, and snatched Terrance's other arm.

"Get the hell off him!" She yelled, glaring at Zack.

"No!" Zack replied, tugging at the poor boy, "He promised me!"

"He's a virgin too, you dumbass!"

"I'm not a fucking rope!" Terrance shouted, silencing both of them.

The two back off, muttering apologies. Terrance sighed, and made a couple of hand gestures at Ingrid, who continued to grump.
Afterwards, he turned to Zack; "Sorry, but we only wanted free drinks. We don't actually have any money."

"Oh," Zack murmered.

"I told you the take down method would have been more effective," Ingrid muttered.

"Take down?!" Zack squeaked, turning pale, as Terrance shot the grouching girl a death glare.

"It's nothing," Terrance tried to reassure the terrified boy. "Anyway, when we get some money, we'll come and pay you back straight away." Terrance said firmly. "Don't worry."

"I'm not," Ingrid retorted, and Terrance slapped her lightly on the arm, in which in return Ingrid fired a load of Arabic swear words in his face.

Zack's eyes darted between the two, before he remarked, "You two are close."

"Yes!" Terrance and Ingrid stated in unison.

After some conversation in the shop, Ingrid and Terrance finally relented, and decided Zack could be a useful allie.

"We'll work in the shop," Ingrid told the boy plainly, "if you keep us being here a secret."

"How am I supposed to keep this a secret?!" Zack gaped, constantly switching his gaze between the two best friends. "You're from a different universe, you know what's going to happen to all of the heroes here, and you stole the Batmobile?! Way to be inconspicuous!"

"Maybe we should all take a deep breath..." Terrance suggested.

Zack took a deep breath; Ingrid face palmed; Terrance screamed.

He had screamed because someone wearing a mask and holding a gun had just appeared in the window if the shop.

"Crap!" Ingrid cussed, "Ana abook, ya haywan!"

"SHIT!" Zack screeched, grabbing the nearest mug for defense.

Terrance dived over the counter, pulling Ingrid with him.

As the supposed robber came into the shop, all three of the inexperienced people shivered and shrunk under his glare.

Pushing the gun to their faces, the guy demanded, "I want one tall latte."

There was a pause.

"Y-Yes sir!" Zack gabbled, pulling Ingrid and Terrance into the back room.

"What are you doing?!" Ingrid whispered furiously.

"This is good!" Zack whispered back, "If he knows you're working here, it'll get around town that there are two new assistants in the shop, and nothing suspicious!"

"Oh," Terrance remarked, as he looked at the different types of the tea on the shelf, "they've got English breakfast."

"You can have some later!" Ingrid hissed, slapping his arm, and pushing him towards the coffee machine, as she reached for the beans, and Zack prepared a cup.

The three made quite a formidable team, as they quickly and quietly made the drink the guy had asked for. After delivering it to him, they all have him their best "shopkeeper" grins.

"I haven't seen you two before," the robber muttered, as he sipped his coffee loudly, some of it spilling down his chin.

Terrance curled his lip in disgust.

"They're our new workers," Zack said surprisingly smoothly, "straight from Blüdhaven's Starbucks joint."

Hearing an explanation seemed to satisfy the man, and he left wordlessly.

Ingrid, Terrance and Zack all breathed a sigh of relief.

"You're smarter than you look," Ingrid reluctantly commented to Zack.

"And smooth talking," Terrance added. Zack laughed shakily, and left for the toilet before he wet himself.

"And he's got so many veins," Terrance whispered to Ingrid as Zack entered the lavatory. "Maybe flirting with him wasn't a bad idea."

Ingrid merely blinked.

"Terrance... Is this another one of your kinks?"