Oh, We're So Done With This

Ingrid and Terrance walked down the street in total silence. For once, there was nothing to say.

"So..." Terrance said, trying to start a conversation, "you have powers too?"

"I guess so," Ingrid mumbled, scratching the back of her head.

"What city is this?" Asked Terrance, looking around.

"No idea," Ingrid mumbled, still feeling very off.

"Oh, come on, Ingrid!" Terrance pleaded. "You're the one who knows this stuff, not me!"

"No idea," Ingrid repeated calmly, turning a corner. Terrance began biting his nails.

"Do you think they have YouTube here?" He whispered, freaked out and all panicky.

"I don't know," Ingrid said irritably.

"Do you have your phone?"

"No, Terrance."

"Is it night?"

"Yes, Terrance."

"Are we going to get home?"

"I don't know, Terrance."

The boy whimpered, and tried to resist the urge to cry. Terrance was a sensitive soul, who would burst into noisy tears merely at his tea being too hot, or something absurd like that.

Speaking of tea...

Out of the corner of his eye, he spied a coffee shop, and mumbled, "Tea."

Ingrid glanced at him, and then realized that they hadn't eaten for ages. But how would they get the food without money?

Remembering how she used to steal things from her local small shop, back when she lived in London, she wondered if it would be this easy here.

Probably not, but you never know until you try.

"Terrance," she instructed the boy, "I need you to cause a distraction. I'm going to get us some drinks,"

"What?!" Terrance gripped her arm. "I thought you said you didn't steal anymore!"

"Do you want tea or not?" Ingrid replied shortly. Terrance stiffened; he couldn't resist a good cup of cold tea.

"All right," he gave in. "Whatdya want me to do?"

=

Terrance waltzed into the small shop like he owned the damn place, pushing out his rather small six pack proudly.

Everyone looked at him absurdly, but he simply sat his butt on the counter, and leaned over to the young male cashier, who was already looking gay, because he was blushing hardcore.

"Hey," Terrance breathed. "Can I get one English tea, and one Mocha?" He stared at the cashier's name tag, "Zack?"

"Sure," Zack stuttered, and shuffled around to the machine, whilst preparing the drinks.
Just for the record, Terrance was not enjoying this. Sure, Zack was hella cute, but this was not how he normally flirted. However, this was the only distraction he could think of. Besides, this applied his natural acting skills quite nicely.

Meanwhile, with all the attention drawn to Terrance, Ingrid slipped in, and darted around the counter, into the "employees only" room, where the other coffee machines were.

When Zack was done with the coffee, Ingrid, in the back room, was done as well, and was moving onto the tea, just the way Terrance liked it. She knew that Zack wouldn't prepare it the way he liked anyway, so if anything, she was saving Zack giving a refund for "disgraceful tea."

Side note: this happened once, and Terrance yelled at the cashier so much, that the poor guy began to cry. Needless to say, Terrance was banned from the shop, and he was actually quite glad about it, declaring that he would "never have to taste that disgusting stuff again, a disgrace to the drink of tea."

After both Ingrid and Zack were done, she slipped out, and smiled at the fact that all the customers were gone. They had obviously been put off either by the PDA, or sadly, the gayness.

Suck it, homophobia.

Another side note: flirting was not Ingrid's usual thieving method. Most of the time her distraction would be yelling, or pulling her hoodie up and knocking out the person at the counter, but the moment she'd suggested that, Terrance had protested, saying that he wanted a "peaceful" robbery. In other words, nothing that would directly hurt the cashier. Ingrid had reluctantly agreed.

Terrance mock searched through his pockets, and have a pitiful sigh when he found air.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, "I seem to have forgotten my wallet."

"You can pay... In another way if you like," Zack said, a smirk creeping up his face.
Ingrid's face morphed into horror, and Terrance tried to compose himself.

"And what would that be?" He asked casually. Zack leaned over the counter and tugged on his shirt.

"Give me my first sexual experience," he drawled.

Terrance would have turned white, but he wasn't white, so all he could do was drop his mouth like a goldfish.

Ingrid cussed, "Oh shitting hell nah."