My Motivation - Donald Earle Degrate Jr.

Beep..Beep... Beep

My alarm sounded off at exactly 6 am. I groaned at the sunlight peeking in through my window and smashed a pillow over my face. I had to get up, I wasn't trying to be late for class again.

It was my senior year and I was failing because I never showed up & when I did, I was either clowning, mouthing off or sleeping.

If I missed another day my parents would of been all down my throat about it. To be honest they could both suck a premature dick. I hated school, I felt it was unnecessary for success in the real world & all in all, I wasn't good at any of that bullshit.

As long as I could read, write and count my money I felt like I'd be straight. I yawned and got up grumpily, starting my daily routine.

After doing my hygiene & allat I threw on some semi baggy black jeans that drooped off my lanky frame, a long sleeve multicolored Coogi sweater and my timbs. I slipped on my gold chains, earrings and my watch giving myself a quick once over in the mirror.

I looked aight, I never put much effort into what I wore to school. I couldn't care less if I was being honest. No matter what I wore I would still be the finest nigga in the building.

Dalvin burst in my room stuffing a cinnamon roll in his mouth. He had crumbs all around his lips and on his green Polo shirt.

"Mawantedmetomakesure-youwasupandshit" He said  between chews, basically showing me all the mashed up food in his mouth.

"Nigga....what?" I asked struggling to decipher the words that he was saying. 

"I forgot you slow. I SAID, Ma wanted me to make sure you was up and shit." He said licking the white icing off his fingers.

"Aight, well you can see I'm up and dressed. Get the hell out Dalvin. I told you to knock before you come in my room anyway, fat ass. And you dropping crumbs on my carpet." I replied mushing him in the face and trying to shut the door. He stuck his foot in to keep it from closing, while wiping the crumbs from around his lips.

"You can insult me all you want Donald, but at least I'm gonna graduate high school" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. Dalvin sauntered back down the hall to his room and stopped, turning to face me.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot... mom had a cinnamon roll laid out on the counter for you. " he said opening his door. I perked up at the mention of food. Come to think of it, I was actually pretty hungry.

"You took too long to come down though, so me and Derek split it." He snickered at my annoyed facial expression, retreating into his room to finish getting dressed for school.

"I swear to god, Mom and Dad should've stopped with me." I muttered under my breath, slamming my door. I laid down again, my tall frame slung across the bed.

I picked up my journal off the nightstand and opened to a fresh page.  I put on my headphones and stuffed my purple rain tape inside my walkman. Prince had always inspired me so I listened to him a lot while I wrote. 

"I'm still waiting, for you to come back to love
To fulfill this life, we're dreaming of ,
So don't wait,
Another second might be too long..." 

"Actually second sounds kinda dumb, let me.." I erased second and put another day.

Aight so,
"Another day might be too long
Don't rush,
Go slow, so nothing goes wrong"

"Yeahhhhh, the dope shit." I nodded to myself. I grabbing my book bag off of the floor stuffing my journal inside. I knocked on Dalvin's door letting him "it was time to bounce", and said my goodbyes to Derek. My brother Derek went to a private school in the burbs since he was the smartest out of us.