Guardian Angel - Lloyd Avery Jr.

Rape is mentioned in this chapter....  Also #RIP to Lloyd 💘 He was such a cutie. Unedited.
___________________________________

I jolted out of my deep sleep as the steady "pop" of  gunshots sounded through the hazy night air. I lived in South Central, Los Angeles, and it's what I hated most about my ghetto ass neighborhood. I handled guns on the daily now, but every time I heard a gunshot I couldn't help but think of my brother.

I had lost my twin Marcell last year, due to a 'wrong place at the wrong time' situation. He was struck by a stray bullet in a gang related shooting, on his way to work last summer.

I know for a fact that the saying "the good die young" is true. Marcell was a good guy, and while his death took a huge toll on us, my momma was hit  the hardest. She rarely ever left her room anymore letting alcohol, sex & cigarettes become her crutch.

Momma shut everyone out after his death & she barely paid attention to me. I missed how tight knit our family used to be. Marcell was my best friend and when he died, a piece of me died with him. Losing him had hardened me, all traces of the innocent girl I used to be were gone.

With no supervision or anyone looking out for me, I eventually fell in with the bad crowd. That's sort of how I met Lloyd. He helped me out of a bad situation last summer. Lloyd was the leader of the Bloods sector in South Central, but by looking at him, you never would have guessed it.

He was as fine as they came. Lloyd was tall and lanky with a 6,3 stature. His flawless toffee skin, wavy black hair & butterscotch colored eyes gave him that pretty boy appeal but if you crossed him, he would prove to be the devil in disguise.

Lloyd's voice was quaint, quiet and smooth. When he talked, his words flowed like honey. He could also charm the pants off of anything if given the chance.

His ruggedness and hazel eyes were what attracted me to him at first, but once you got past the pretty boy exterior, my baby was a stone cold killer.

The first time I officially saw him, I had snuck out to go to a party with a friend & was almost raped on the way home.

Lloyd was patrolling the neighborhood with his goons that night and saved me before anything could actually happen. He'd heard me screaming for help as a nigga tried to push his dick inside of me, and rushed to my aid.

I was crying with my panties around my ankles, and he blew the niggas brains out, right in front of my eyes. Lloyd showed him no remorse and once my eyes met his cold ones, I fainted onto the hard pavement.

When I woke up the next morning I was in my bed and everything seemed normal. I thought that night had been a dream, but after I saw the scratch marks from my abuser on my wrists, I knew it had been real.

After that night, I began to see Lloyd everywhere. No matter where I was, he wasn't far behind. I found it a bit strange at first, but I liked the feeling I got from seeing him. He made me feel safe.

We never had a conversation, but I would always catch him sneaking glances at me. Whenever I'd look his way, he'd avert his gaze and go about his business.

One day, deciding to be bold, I approached him and his friends. I thanked him for saving me, and he curtly nodded, puffing on his joint. He gave me a once over with his hazel eyes, and continued clowning with his boys like I wasn't even standing there.

Embarrassed, I gave up trying to get his attention. Though I wasn't checking for him anymore, I still wished he would approach me.

There were rare times that I ever saw him alone. He was always surrounded by people. His friends, goons and hoes stuck to him like flypaper. He was rude, arrogant and dangerous but it didn't put a damper on his charm. He attracted people like a lamb to slaughter. If anything, it just made me want him more.