The Date - Khalil Kain

Unedited. 💘 This may get a part 2 & it might not 🤷🏾‍♀️ Don't hold me.

Simi (See-me)

"Simi stop!" My cousin swatted my hand away as I bought my tweezers towards her bushy eyebrows. Sis would be so cute if she just let me fix this unibrow she had going on. I had worked too hard to build up my reputation for my senior year and nobody was gonna fuck that up for me. Since Morsai (Moor-Sigh) was my cousin & she was staying with us until graduation, I was willing to help her out. If she was going to be apart of my clique, she needed to shape up.

Sai squinted her eyes & twisted her face up like she was in major pain. Her chinky eyes were almost nonexistent, with the way she was overdramatizing shit. "Bitch! I haven't even touched you yet?! Stop being a drama queen. It doesn't even hurt" I huffed as I gripped her chin tightly with my hands. I ignored the yelps & whimpers of pain, and plucked her brows to perfection. She wasn't going anywhere until I was satisfied.

Once I was done, I handed her the mirror & propped my hands on my waist smugly. "Wow..thanks Simi." she breathed as she analyzed my work in the handheld mirror. "I know, I know! I'm really good at what I do. I'll even wax that mustache above your lip after school, my treat. Now go get dressed, Tia will be here in 30 minutes." I winked at Sai and flounced back to my room to finish my makeup. I belted out the lyrics to I wanna be down by Brandy as I lightly contoured my nose. We love a snatched queen.

With a swipe of my dark brown lipliner & a tap of lipgloss, I swirled around to see my full outfit in the mirror as I danced. A pair of blue plaid flare pants, a baby pink crop tee, a baby blue faux rabbit fur sweater and my chunky heels was the fit of the day. I pulled my sleek black hair into two side ponytails, adorning them with scrunchies & butterfly clips. My edges were laid & I looked as flawless as I felt.

Morsai knocked on the door and showed me her outfit & I was proud. She looked damn good. The plaid skirt & button down were from my closet but it was okay. The clothing she had bought with her from China were ugly and needed to be burned in a celebratory bonfire. She'd wear mine until I could take her shopping. Her unfashionable clothing would not win her any brownie points here. This was NYC baby.

Opting to skip breakfast, I grabbed my book bag and called Tia. If she hadn't gotten here yet, that meant she was running late. I picked up my keys off the hook, I'd drive us to school, it wasn't a big deal. I got to school with 8 minutes to spare, which was fine with me. It was just enough time to help Sai find her classes, and get to homeroom on time. I know it'd be hard for her transferring into a new school in the middle of the school year, so I'd be here to help her every step of the way. What's the point of being queen bee if I can't use my powers for good?

The bell rang and Sai gave me a hug promising to find me at lunch. After 3rd period, we had every class together. I hugged her back & headed to my locker, grinning as I noticed Khalil leaned up against it. Khalil was a friend, fellow senior & my math tutor. I just happened to have an itsy bitsy crush on him. Why am I lying, I'm in love with that boy, everyone and they momma knew it. He waved when he saw me approaching and my heart started pounding ten fold. I felt hella self conscious all of a sudden, which I shouldn't have because a bitch looked impeccable.

"Hey, Mimi. I wanted to give you your calculus book back. You forgot it last week." he watched me open my locker and held my book bag for me while I got the books I needed ready. "Damn Simi, what you carrying in here girl? Your whole makeup collection? A suitcase? You going on a flight afterschool I don't know about? " He asked and I waved him off, with a bright smile.

Mimi was the nickname he had given me because he said I reminded him of a character from his favorite anime. I was blasian so, yeah I guess. I found it cute though. I left my calculus book with him every couple weeks so he'd have to go out of his way to find me & give it back. Clever right?