Roll The Tape - Mr. Dalvin

Long & Unedited! Sorry! lol 💘

I wiped my sweaty hands on my Nike tennis skirt as I stood in line for the Jodeci video shoot auditions. It was very crowded and extremely hot. I had been standing in line outside the venue for nearly two hours. I wasn't exactly at the back, but I damn sure wasn't in the front. There had to be at least 1,000 girls here.

I scratched my arm, looking around at my competition & smirked to myself. I had this audition in the bag. I had a unique look, and I knew it would work to my advantage in the long run.

I was a upcoming model at Wilhelmina & my manager thought that being in a video with Jodeci would help jumpstart my career. I immediately agreed to try out to be in the video,  but I wouldn't say that I was really a fan of theirs. I was simply just here for the opportunity and bragging rights.

I held my headshot in my hand and groaned inwardly as I fanned myself. Moving around was only making me hotter. It was humid and I had started to sweat a little. I didn't want my makeup melting off before I had a chance to be seen.  I sighed in relief as I finally saw a white man with a bullhorn heading my way.

He was making his way down the line quickly picking out women at first glance. Hmm, so this was a first impression thing. I had no idea how these things went, this was entirely new for me.

When he got to me, he looked me up and down and asked for my headshot. The guy gestured for me to step out of line and stand in a smaller one to his left. I gladly handed the photo over, and went to stand with the other 10 girls that had been previously picked.

He chose 2 more girls, making it 12 in total. I felt kinda bad for the remaining girls who hadn't been chosen, but better them than me. The guy yelled into the bullhorn as he dismissed them, urging them to try out for the video shoot next month.

A group of girls grumbled and threw us dirty looks as they walked out of the venue. "See yah, wouldn't want to be yah" I said sassily, tossing a playful wave their way. They rolled their eyes and kept it stepping. A smart choice, They didn't want no smoke. 

The guy who's name was Jerry led us into a big red room inside the venue. I could tell from where I was standing that there were different rooms & every one was painted a different color. I guess it'd be three girls in a room with one Jodeci member?

I didn't know. I saw a refreshments table to my right and walked over grabbing a chocolate covered strawberry. I moaned as I bit into it, It was delicious, sweet & satisfying.

"Can I have a bite?" I looked up feeling a male presence hovering over me. It was Dalvin, the cute one. Our eyes met & I held his intense gaze for a minute, even though it felt like he was looking through me. When had he even came in the room? I looked around & noticed that the other  Jodeci members were also now in the room, getting friendly with the other chosen models.

My fat ass was too busy checking out the food to notice, it was cool tho. Some of the girls were fangirling hard as fuck but I kept my composure. Celebrity's didn't impress me. They were regular people like us. The only difference between them & me was money.

"Sorry, I don't share my food, especially with strangers. But... there's a whole table here, help yourself." I threw a smile his way as I continued to fill up my plate. He looked taken aback by my remark, I guess he was used to girls fawning over him & giving him what he wanted. As I finished my strawberry,  I dropping the stem in the trash can and scoped out a place to sit, leaving Dalvin behind.