Freaky Friday - Ginuwine

Unedited. There will be a part 2. Enjoy babes 🌸

I sat on the bed looking at my boyfriend in annoyance as he got undressed and ready for bed. I had went the extra mile tonight, wearing my sexiest lingerie, lighting candles and I even ran him a chamomile scented bath. Elgin hadn't noticed my dolled up appearance or my outfit. He didn't eat the dinner I prepared because he claimed he'd already eaten & he thought I had lit the candles because I forgot to pay the electric bill. He was taking me for granted and I was getting fed up.

He took off his sweat stained button up shirt and I kneaded his shoulders angrily, digging my nails in his back as he groaned out in pure bliss. I hope he didn't think I hadn't noticed the lipstick smeared on his collar. I knew he was cheating on me, I wasn't stupid. You know what, maybe I was stupid. I let my emotions get in the way and I loved him too much to leave. I let a lot of things go where cheating was concerned but there was only so much I could take.

It didn't help that he had two kids already from previous relationships. He refused to cut his ex's off and I was pretty sure he was still fucking them. The late night creeping, constant beeps, 2am phone calls, the crumpled numbers in his pockets...I wasn't going to deal with it anymore. Our two year anniversary was today and the muthafucka hadn't even remembered. He was about to roll over and go to sleep like it was a regular day. I was pissed.

I only wished he could feel the hurt that I felt. He pecked me on the cheek before turning out the lights and I felt defeated. As I stared at the ceiling, Elgin's snores echoed through the quiet room and I thought about my ex boyfriend Kadeem. He warned me about this light skin nigga but I shrugged it off, chalking it up to jealousy.

Turns out he was right. Kadeem was always right. I thought about the candles downstairs I hadn't blown out as I drifted off to sleep. Maybe if I got lucky, the house would burn down tonight.

.........................................

When I woke up the next day, I had this intense swelling in my lower region, like I had to pee really bad. I sat up and stretched scratching my stomach. Elgin was still sleeping from what I could tell. He was swaddled up in the sheets but I know he was here. I hadn't felt him leave the bed this morning. I wiped my eyes and shuffled to the bathroom. I couldn't explain it but I felt hungover, that was weird.

I hadn't had a drink in weeks. I pulled down my boxers and plopped down on the toilet seat. Wait boxers?! I dug my hands downward frantically & screamed out loud. Ohmygod. OHMYGOD!!! I had a dick! What the fuck?! I got off the toilet seat shakily and walked over to the mirror, gasping as I took in my masculine appearance. The honey colored skin, bushy arched eyebrows, overly gelled curls, minuscule mustache? My brain & thoughts were still all me, but I was in Elgin's body.

I slapped myself in the face & winced at the pain. It definitely hurt all right. I paced back in forth in awe, how had this happened?! I remembered wishing for him to feel my pain but I didn't think anything would come of that. My wishes never came true. If they had, I'd be living in Paisley Park with Prince right now.

I walked back to the room and pulled the covers off of Elgin. It was my body laying there, but I knew he was in mine. He groaned as I shook him but he didn't wake up. "Elgin!" I was shocked at the deepness of his voice, I mean my voice. Apparently he was too because he snatched off his eye mask and looked around wildly. He squinted at me & jumped when he realized what he was looking at. "Yo what the fuck?" He sat frozen as he looked up at me.

"What the fuck is going on Jade? You're me & I'm you..?" He asked looking bewildered, as he touched his (my) body. "What did you do to me?" Elgin asked as he crossed his arms & I rolled my eyes. "What did I do to you? Every time something goes wrong in this relationship you blame it on me E. News flash, I'm not the fucking problem." The bass in my voice was making me bold. Elgin shrank back at the anger that was coming through my words.