↩E L E V E N ↪

The next few days I kept to myself. My mother insisted I stay home from school and I was starting to go crazy. I had already rearranged and cleaned my room top to bottom, so when the door bell finally rang I was happy for a distraction. It was a Friday night and I was stuck at home alone. Tala had gone out and my mom was working, so I was delighted when I saw Jess and Angela.

"She's alive!" Jess cheered as I pulled them into a hug.

"I'm beyond glad to see you two!" I said as I invited them in.

"This is a cute little house," Jess said as Angela handed me the school work I had missed.

"My rooms right back there. Do you want anything to drink?" I asked.

"No, no. Just wanted to see you and make sure you were breathing." Angela smiled as she flopped onto my bed.

We hung out in my room for the next couple hours, tangled up with one another on my bed as Jess dived into all the drama I had missed at school.

"The little one - what's her name?" Jess was saying.

"Alice." Angela answered.

"Yes, her. She bounded over to our table and asked how you were feeling," Jess rolled her eyes, "Not once have they tried to interact with any of us but all the sudden - poof! They're as friendly as can be."

"To be fair, only Alice is being friendly. The others are still very much reclusive," Angela pointed out.

"In any case," Jess waved her hand dismissively, "I think she was only asking for Edward."

"And why is that?" I snorted as the polish on my nails begun to dry.

"Jessica thinks he has a crush on you." Angela pointed a finger at me.

"Doubt it!" I squealed. "He hates me."

"If he hated you he wouldn't have swooped in to save you from the van," Jess persisted. "What even happened?"

"Tyler wouldn't open up about it. He begged us to apologize for him," Angela piped up.

"Gosh, I don't know."

I was torn. I wanted desperately to tell someone what had happened, and hopefully get some sort of clarification as to how the hell he was abke to do that - to stop a van with his hand! But some part of me, some selfish and intrigued part of me, was afraid I would be betraying him.

"After Lauren and Jess stopped to wait for you he jogged over. I left my notebook in class, he brought it to me. Then Tyler just spun out of control. I'm just lucky he hit the truck first. Must have slowed down the blow." I nodded in what I hoped was a convincing way.

I hadn't technically lied.

"We're just glad you're okay," Angela said sincerely.

"Speaking of Tyler," Jess wiggled her eyebrows, making me burst out laughing. She waited until I stopped, "He wants to go to the dance with you."

"What?" I blanched, "No..no, sorry. I'm not even thinking about the dance!"

"I told him you wouldn't," Jess rolled her eyes, "But, speaking of the dance. We should go shopping, please!"

"You guys should spend the night and we could go tomorrow?" I suggested.

"Yes! A sleepover!" Jess cheered.

"Oh, let's invite Bella," Angela cheered as she grabbed her phone.

I made my way to the home phone in the living room to call my mother and ask her if it was alright. She picked up on the third ring and I had to assure her it wasn't an emergency.

"Can a few friends spend the night?" I asked after she calmed down.

"Who is it? Where will they sleep?"

"Jessica Stanley, Angela Weber, Bella Swan. They'll sleep in my room, momma." I only used that name when I really wanted something.

"But where? Your bed is too small for four of you."

"I'm sure Auntie has an air mattress. Or the Blacks, I can ask them," I said quickly.

She was quiet for a moment.

"Yes, fine. Have Leah or Jake bring it, though. No driving!"

I skipped back to my room to share the good news. Bella was on her way, and with the speed her truck was going I suggested we walk around to see if anyone had an extra air mattress. There were still a good few hours of sunlight left, and it was a nice day. It was nice, having a normal time with my new friends.
______________________________________

This chapter is kind of lame, but let me know if you would like to see more of Aiyana with friends/doing "normal" things.

I may come back later on and add to this chapter.

Let me know if you're enjoying this story please! Xo