22

|| Your POV ||

⏭️ The next day, in Daegu ⏭️

Why am I back home?
Simple.
Taehyung practically dragged me.

I was sleeping peacefully this morning when Taehyung woke me up and told me to get dressed because we were going somewhere this early.

When I went in his car, I saw my backpack at the backseat.

That's how Taehyung dragged me.

We're currently at our house unpacking my things in my room. "We're going to our house after."

I whined at his statement, "Aren't you feeling tireddd?"
He just chucked and shook his head, "don't you want to see my parents?"
"Of course I do! But can't we just sleep first before going?"
"Nope! We have no time to waste! Come on!"
He grabbed my wrist and I lazily followed behind him. We saw mom and dad at the kitchen sipping their coffee. "Umma, appa! Where is oppa?"
"Your brother and MinHye went to a vacation, honey."
"Oh ok.."
"We'll be going now, Umma, appa!" Taehyung interrupted.
"Be safe!"
"Ne!"

And there we were again, my exhausted butt sitting on the car seat again.
Good thing they were not too far away. We went out the car and greeted his parents and younger siblings. They were happy to see us again. His cute younger siblings hugged my legs, "We missed you!" I smiled down at them and ruffled their hair, "I missed y'all too"
"Ya, ya! Do you miss her more than you miss me?!" Taehyung pointed to himself.

They looked at us, thinking. "Yeah" they said and giggled then ran away.

"You have wise siblings" I commented.
"oh, shut up" I laughed, "Are you jealous?! Kim Taehyung is jealous~ Kim Taehyung is jealous~~" I sang teasingly while poking his arm.

"Stop it, kid!" Taehyung flicked away my fingers. I laughed and helped him unpack.

⏭️ Lunch ⏭️

We decided to have lunch in Jungkook's cafe. "Welcome!" Jungkook exclaimed which made all his customers flinch. He apologized and walked towards us.

"It's nice seeing the two of you again. Let's go eat together, I was about to take my lunch break as well."

"Wow Jungkook, you already have the business man attitude!" Taehyung teased.

"Why thank you" he bowed which made us laugh.

This is another moment to treasure. I love how he spends much more time with me now a days.

⏭ Night time ️⏭️

Guess what? I'm still with Taehyung. He said he really did want to spend the day with me. And it touched my heart. I didn't know what occasion it is and it me worried that I might've forgot an occasion that is special. He told me there was no occasion.

We walked in the coastline of the beach and talked about random things. The whole time, my eyes were focused on either him or the sunset. After a long walk, the moon showed up and all I want to focus now is him. How his eyes sparkle under the bright full moon, how the sound of his voice is as soothing as the cold wind which sent warm feelings in me. How he always smile at the end of his sentences. How he'd make weird sounds whenever he feels cold. How he annoyingly splash the water with sand in my slippers. How he laugh at my clumsiness.

How he shows himself to me as him.

I laughed at something that he said and decided to look ahead to check how long will this one-sided-romantic walk will last.
I looked ahead only to see a table with two sits and a plenty of candles. Looks romantic. Someone might be proposing to someone. I looked around to see if any couple was there.

No one.

Only me and Taehyung was there.

I felt his gaze at me so I looked back at him, curiosity washing over my face.

Taehyung suddenly approached the table and pulled a chair back, signalling me to sit. 
No way.

"Tae, what kind of prank is this?"
"Why would I spend a lot of effort if it was just a prank?"

I slowly sat down feeling a bit nervous but at the same time, my heart was skipping fast in excitement. Part of me wanted to think positive a part of me don't want to make hopes again.

Taehyung took a deep breath and had eye contact with me.
"Y/n. We've been friends since...I can't even remember. Wow it's that long. And all those times, you've been beside me, you got my back, you were there supporting my plans in life, supporting my options. There are times that I'd sit alone and think that I don't deserve having you in my life..."

I held his hand as a sign that that thought is untrue.

"...I've always talked about how perfect I want my future to be. Me being a perfect husband and father, a woman that I'll marry to be a perfect mother, a perfect home, properly mannered children, happy life. I've been turning stones to see who that perfect woman is. I actually thought one time that it would be MinHye.

But I was wrong, she didn't like my negative attitudes and she only wanted to see the best of me.

All this time, the perfect woman was here. The girl who's been with me since forever. A girl who confessed a lot of times but got rejected by me. I woman who knows me truly, the woman who despite all the pain, loves my imperfections.

Y/n, it's you. And I realized a little bit too late so I'm making it up to you.

But not just because I feel bad, it was you all this time who made my heart beat fast endlessly and I didn't even realize it.

Y/n, it's you. "

I felt the urge to cry. He does feel the same way. I hugged him, "I never felt so happy in my life, Tae. You were my pain and happiness." he tightened the hug.

We let go of the hug and looked into my eyes. He suddenly kneeled down, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded and he stood up and carried me around. It feels like an engagement.
He put me down and wiped our tears, "geez, this is cheesy."

We laughed at the realization.

Is this a dream? I don't want to wake up if it is.

Suddenly, people came out all smiling and rejoicing: My parents, Tae's parents, RaeIn, Sophie, Jungkook, Jin and ChaeMin, and a lot more.

They were congratulating us and they were saying how long they have been waiting for this.

I'm currently overjoyed. I couldn't stop smiling. I can't believe any of this. Soon, everyone went home and left the two of us alone. We're currently walking under the sky full of stars.

"so, why me, Taehyung?"
He looked at me dearly.
"I don't know, I don't have my standards. If I love a person, I love a person. I just see it and realize it. You are you. And I love the way you are. I'm really sorry for rejecting you..."

"I'm actually grateful for that. I'm grateful that it's not out of pity."

"I'll never be in a relationship with someone  I don't love."

I smiled at him and he put an arm on my shoulder and I put my head on his shoulder.