Kaz and Nonstraightness

There are a select few characters that will be in my book that I'm telling people about here.Why?Well,some have to do with topics such as sexuality.While I am straight myself,many of my characters are not. I just wanted them to have personality and,well...I guess having them all be straight would work but with certain characters,I'd have to make major changes.If the character is like Kaz and has been fleshed out quite a bit,I am already too attached to them as they are.Besides,I think of Kaz as my best friend.No,I'm not desperate for friends. I can make 'em easily.(and you can too ^^) But Kaz is so much of his own person,that at this point he feels real to me.
Why can't I have gay/LGBTQ characters?It's not that I necessarily can't...but my mom is extremely strict about things like that and she'd kill me if she knew.She's editing my writing and hopefully going to find someone to publish the book,so of course she'd know about me having any not-so-straight oc's.

She's editing my writing and hopefully going to find someone to publish the book,so of course she'd know about me having any not-so-straight oc's

Oof,this is old. >~< Also,Kaz isn't a mage or anything,this was just some head cannon I had at some point.))
I guess it's pretty ironic when you think about it.In a way,I'm scared of coming out to my parents...terrified,actually. I don't think I ever will,in fact.
But that's alright.They'll find out when the time comes.