Chapter 5

A/N: ok most of this chapter is going to be Kirishima's pov however it might change to someone else's or back to Bakugo, but this is basically going to be based more around the other characters and Kirishima. Ok also thank you for all the reads. It's gotten up to 500 and I'm so grateful. So enjoy the chapter!!

(Kirishima's POV)

The day my parents told me it would be better to have me live closer to campus  I got scared. I never lived anywhere but my home before. Even during freshman year, I lived at home and I had figured out how to make it work. But, my parents told me that I had to live closer to campus, because my attendance was suffering due to the commute in the morning.

We talked to school and they suggested a dorms, but when I registered they were all full. You see, I'm not a lucky person. We talked to them about apartments, but, shocker, they were filled too. However, one student had gotten an apartment with two rooms, so they told me they would talk to him and I would most likely be moving in with him. After they got the ok from kid, it was time for me to move out of my house. It was nothing special, just a two bedroom house with two bathrooms, a very small kitchen, and an even smaller living space. We didn't have TV and the only reason I had a phone is because the school had offered to pay for it with my parents permission.

"Ok, I'm all packed up." I said as I straightened my back, looking down at the bags I had packed, only taking me about ten minutes, considering I didn't own very much. I turned to look at my parents. My mom was holding a small box, trying blink back her tears, as my father had one arm around her shoulder.

"Honey, w-we." My mom tried to say, but began to cry, her sobbing was quiet, but I took a pace forward to hug her tightly. I had to learned that this was something I needed to do for her. She needed someone comforting her, however this time she gently pushed me off and took a shaky breath.

"Thank you sweetie, but I need to get used to not having you here." She mumbled and gave a weak smile. She handed me a red box. "It's just something to, you know. Remember us by." She whispered, letting the box slide into my hands.

"M-mom, dad, you didn't need-" I opened the box to see just a plan, red leather cord, that could possibly wrap around my wrist twice. I looked at it for a couple moments.

"I know it isn't much." My mom said as she wiped her face, trying to clear away the tears. I smiled warmly, looking into her eyes as I wrapped it around wrist, and like I thought, it wrapped around my wrist twice.

"I love it mom. Thank you." I kissed the top of her head and smiled.

"We are proud of you son." My dad said, resting a hand on my shoulder. I gave them one last smile I picked up my bags and walked outside to the red Jeep, that the school had bought for me.

But right then and there I made a silent promise to my family.

I will give you the life you deserve. No matter the cost.

When I moved in with Bakugou, I was honestly nervous. The guy was super intimidating, and he had this vibe that he was angry with the whole world, who wouldn't be nervous? It had been awkward for the first couple of weeks, so much so I had invited friends over almost everyday, just to avoid having to talk to him. It wasn't manly of me, I know, but I didn't know what else I could do. The guy locked himself in his room half the time, doing God knows what. If I wasn't hanging out with my friends, I would just look around the apartment. I see a lot of drawings and paintings laying around on the ground or on the walls, all of which were hand drawn. Bakugo really was a great artist, though I could tell he didn't like to show it. Probably because it wasn't tough like his image was. Even though he had a real talent. I smiled as I picked one up, it was a night sky, blacks, blues and purples, with silver stars and plants but, in the foreground, there was a forest, that was on fire. It really was beautiful.