Chapter 10

The following days were awkward for us. My little 'episode' had caused me and Kirishima to become more distant and awkward with one another. He didn't even look at Kaminari anymore, from what I could see, and he barley talked to Sero. He talked to Todoroki and Midoriya still, for some weird reason, and most of the others from the team.
I stayed in my room quiet often now, and I missed a couple of days of work, though my bosses really didn't give two shits. And right now, I didn't either.

Kirishima, along with our teammates, had quit any previous jobs they had and were now working at Endeavor's, due to the fact that they were offering bigger pay checks there then there old ones. They all were waiters or front of the house staff, however I preferred my job at the local coffee house, known as the What I Need to Live in the Morning. Not the most cheery name in the world, but that's why I love it there.

I had an afternoon shift and I needed to get out of the stuffy apartment. I called in and made sure they knew I would be returning to work after two weeks of not even bothering to let them know I wasn't gonna be there, I needed to let them know I was alive.

Before running of the apartment, I made sure to leave Kirishima a note, considering he had left for his shift, three hours ago and would be home soon, that I was back at work. It wasn't anything special and I didn't go all sappy with a heart or xoxo. I just signed my name and left it on the counter.

I grabbed my keys and walked out of the apartment, making sure to lock the door on my way out.

The walk was about 5 to 10 minutes. I was used to the walk, and normally listened to music on the way. My playlist consisted of a lot of songs, sad, heavy metal, old rock, things like that. Though, sometimes there was one song I had added back in high school that I had never had the guts to remove. Brother, by Kodaline.

I was an only child, and had never had many friends. Except one. He was a true friend to me, and had been there for me freshman year of high school, up to Junior year, so I added the song because I thought it sounded like us, and he did the same. His name was Yo Shindo.

(Disclaimer: I do NOT ship this. (No hate at all if you do😁) however, i am using all other characters that would work with him in the story as of now. Also, I wanted to use him in here somewhere and this seems fitting :p. Anyway, back to the story.)

He was the only person, beside a Kirishima, who I had ever told about my parents or what they did. He had tried to get me to press charges more then once in the three years I had known him, but my response was always the same.

It's the words of a teenager against two adults. Plus they've learned how to lie.

He was never happy about it, but he went along with my decisions. We grew really close in those three years though, aside from my life. I went to his house a lot, and hung out at school a lot as well, like free period and lunch. He was my only.. real friend.

But I fucked it all up. I made such a dumb mistake, something someone like me should never do, never think about it.

I fell in love.

By the Junior year I was certain that I was in love or at least liked him. His smile, his laugh, his attitude, just him, was perfect. I had never had feelings of love words anyone, so I didn't know  if what I was feeling was what I thought it was. And I, obviously,  couldn't talk to  anyone about it, so i couldn't ask for others. But I decided to just be honest and hope for the best. And damn, was that the wrong move.

I told him how I felt and he blew up. He hated me, hated that I was gay, hated that I was gay for him, all of it. He just hated it.
And to make matters worse, he told my mom and dad. He told them. And my life got worse then it already was after that.