Chapter 1 First Day

You awoke to the blinding ceiling lights above you, much different from before. Looking down to find your small body comforter by warm blankets, this was a much newer experience. Slowly your head turned staring at a large door.
This was somewhere new, yet you already felt safe.

(E/C) looking down at your hands, bandages covering both your arms. Slowly pulling the blanket back, the same treatment was found on your little legs. Who ever brought you here was certainly a kind person. You thought, sliding of the soft mattress. Bare feet contacting the cold floor.
Teetering to the window in the room, looking out you saw a beautiful scenery. It was something out of a fairy tale. Bright blue sky, fluffy puffy clouds, shining sun that made the ocean sparkle and glitter. You didn't want to look away, wanting to sit and stare for hours.

"Hey Boss looks like the munchkin is up." A voice called from behind you, head turning fast as you yelped and jumped under the bed.

"Hey, hey, we ain't gonna hurt ya" the male said, hoping to reassure you. His boots jingled with each step until he knelt down, his gray hair dusting the floor as he met your gaze.
" I don't blame her for being scared, that place was a nightmare for a kid." Another voice said. Only seeing black boots by the doorway of the room, eyes darting back and fourth between the two men that spoke.

"Come er' kiddo." The one wearing cowboy boots said softly, extended a glove hand to you. Slowly taking it and crawling out from beneath the bed. A frown on your face, arms hugging your body as you glanced up to the brunette.
He was talking to the cowboy, barely audible for you to hear.

"What did you see..?"
"Ocelot it was a mess...she was the only surviving kid there it looked like, from what I could tell the kids were their servants."

The two now looked down at you. The graying cowboy knelt once more, meeting your eyes.
"What's your name darling?"
He asked softly, when you didn't say anything his head tilted to the brunette.
"She like Quiet?" He asked, only to receive a head shake.
"No she can talk, just let her warm up. She'll tell us when she's ready."

"That sound good? When your ready you can tell us anything, ok? We'll at least introduce ourselves so we're not strangers. I'm Ocelot and that's Big Boss."
"Snake is fine.." the bearded one added, his arms unfolded from his chest. He looked like a big bear to you. The clothing he wore made him look bulky, and padded. Like he was wearing a suit made of pillows.
A metallic red hand raised as he pointed to the door, excusing himself saying he was needed at the heliport.

Leaving you with Ocelot who was now standing. Hands on his hips, watching the other male leave.
"How about, I show you around. Get you so lunch and you can meet the others here, sound good?"

Your head lifted up, nodding slowly. "Yeah...I'm hungry." You spoke quietly. Barely above a whisper. Earning a smile from the man who kept you company.
"Alright~ lemme get you some clothes and we'll head on a stroll.

——————————————

You were still amazed by this large place that stood above the sea. Soldiers walked back and fourth around you as you were munching away at a turkey and cheese Sandwich that Ocelot made you.
He explained to you that everyone who was living here each had to earn there keep, when you made eye contact with the eyepatch wearing husky he gave you the perfect job.
Take care of D.D. Saying how the furry companion could help you come out of your shell, and heal from the unknown trauma you carried.

You got to meet some of the kids that were close to your age, they each were very nice. Saying how it was great meeting another kid, and how the White Mamba would be happy to meet you.
Ocelot on the other hand said to be careful around this so called White Mamba, Eli. Explaining he was nothing but a trouble maker who picked fights. If he wasn't lounging on his 'throne' he was stirring trouble.

It made you uneasy and scared. Someone your age sounded so dangerous.
With an exhale of breath you gave your new furry friend the crusts from your sandwich and decided to explore.

Walking around aimlessly through the orange colored base, seeing the 'throne' that sat up on a ledge. How did that beach chair get there? You wondered. Seeing the king wasn't warming the seat made you wonder. What trouble was he getting into?

"Come and get your walking stick old man!" A young accent yelled. Seeing a the boy walking with a crutch, holding it above his head. "Come on then! Wheres that bark huh?"

Scurrying behind a pillar you continued to watch, seeing a frustrated Ocelot storming over.
"Really Eli? Stealing a crutch? You're starting to lose your touch." He said calmly, waiting for the blonde child to give the walking support back to his owner.
"How many times must I tell you, it's White Mamba! You do not have the privilege of saying my name!" He growled, throwing the crutch at Ocelots feet, stomping off.

Allowing you to catch a better look at this White Mamba, his blonde hair was neatly combed back, yet still looked messy. He wore a green button shirt that left open, exposing his chest. For a kid he looked strong. On the back of his shirt had a hand painted pig with 'Never be game over' written on.

You walked over to Ocelot, and saw two soldiers holding up a man with two missing limbs, wearing aviator glasses.
He scared you more than Eli in your opinion. Ocelot introduced you two earlier, this was Kazuhira Miller, he just radiated anger.

"Hey (Y/N) guess you got to see White Mamba's tantrum"
Ocelot joked while returning the crutch to its owner.
Kaz didn't care for his humor, practically grumbling as he wobbled off.

Your hand scraped your head, ruffling the short cut hair you had. Not by your choice might you add. At least at this length it was easy to take care of, only thing was you looked like a young boy. You were just grateful that you had a new home, food and bed.

"Hi Oc-Ocelot-what has mambo so mad?" You asked to which the man shrugged.
"If your an adult, your on Eli's bad list. He has some vendetta against grown ups or something, we're not sure why though." He explained, arms crossing over his chest as he shifted his weight onto his left leg. A sigh coming from him. Looking tired of dealing with the blonde's shenanigans on a daily basis.

"You and D.D. Good? No problems today?" He asked, focusing his attention on you.
"Yup-were good. I fed him and we walked the place twice. I think D.D. Is taking a nap somewhere." You said, a smile on you face. To which Ocelot gave a pleased laugh and nod.
"Glad to see you in a better mood kiddo. See ya later" the man said as he patted your back gently before walking off.

——————————————

The stars decorated the dark sky. The moon radiating above. You were sitting on one of the many ledges the base had. Legs hanging off, arms folded, resting on the fence while your chin used your arms as a cushion. Enjoying the silence.

Some of the soldiers lingered, having some conversations. Overhearing a two talk about Quiet sunbathing. Other's talking about Big Boss and how he earned his title.

"Hey! New girl!" A familiar accent called.
With a turn of your head you saw the rebellious blonde. A frown on his face. "Why are you so buddy buddy with wannabe cowboy?" He asked, making his way to you. One hand holding the railing, his body facing you. Eyes never leaving your face.

"He's nice to me, why wouldn't I be?"
"Because he's just lying to your face, so that your guard goes down and he can use you!"
"For what..?"
You asked, not liking where this  conversation was going. Focusing your gaze on the ocean, ignoring his tangent on how adults are rotten, no good.
He was cut off by you interrupting him "I know-they can be evil some times-I don't want to hear this now.."
You said quietly, slowly raising from the ground. Deciding to head back to the med-room you woke up in earlier.

"Hey-I'm not done!" He yelled to you as you began walking away.
"I am!" You called out, hands now cupping your ears muffling his voice that rambled on and on.