1st month

1 month later...

To say Eli was perplexed by you was a understatement.
Nothing seemed to get under your skin when he messed with you.
He was baffled and stunned one day when you managed to knock him down. Surprising some of the soldiers and Ocelot on the base.
You rarely showed anger or frustration, you were this timid lost girl and to see this girl push down the White Mamba and ruin his pride shocked quite a few people.

D.D. Was on a mission with Snake, or as you called him Bear, it confused him until you explained your reasoning to the brunette who wore the eye patch like the furry friend.
So to keep yourself occupied you mopped the deck, soapy water gliding back and forth. Wet locks brushing the dirt and mud away. Swirling the cleaning utensils in circles as you mopped.
A large white t-shirt was drenched at the hem, red shorts being equally wet. Having spilled the first bucket of water from the weight, you refused help from the graying man, telling him you didn't want to be dependent on anyone.

He still hasn't received any details of what you went through at that camp, but he wouldn't pry. He gave you space, yet companied you when you needed. Feeling a father like connection between the two of you.

(E/c) stared at the reflection in the metal bucket of murky water. Your hair had grown a few inches, which made you happy. It was at a length where you weren't being mistaken for a boy anymore.
The women who went by the name Quiet would play with your hair sometimes when you visited her chambers. One day Snake and her came back from a mission, finding some presents. Giving you a scarf, similar to Ocelots but white.
You wore the scarf like a head band, with it tied in the back it was like you had rabbit ears.

Everyone seemed so nice here, except Eli...what had him so bothered. So stuck up and cocky?

"Hey! What are you staring at..?"

Speak of the devil.

Lifting your head you stared quietly at the boy in front of you. Standing before you, his boots barely touching the puddle of water that your mop had made.

"Staring at the bubbles."
"Boring."
Shoulders bounced as you then asked "what are you staring at?"

His hands placed themselves on either side of his hips. Pouting.
"Staring at you girl."
Your brows raised, confused. Why stare at you? All you were doing was mopping, it wasn't that interesting. Quickly your corrected him.
"I have a name"
"So do I, but no one can call me it."
"Really?"
His head nodded, eyes narrowing. Daring you with his stare, waiting for you to utter it. So you did.

"Eli, the White Mamba."

...nothing happened? He didn't yell? Hit you, throw a tantrum. Nothing?

Now you were confused.

"I thought no one was allowed to say it?"
"Well...I made a rule."
"A rule?"
He nodded once more, why was this little tyrant being weird?

He then pointed to you, exclaiming
"The rule is! Only you can say my name! Be honored, no one has that privilege.."

"Why me?" You asked, becoming more perplexed by the second.
The question seemed to throw the boy off, he didn't have an answer this time. His hands folded behind his head, while he walked in a small circle. His eyes looking around as if something would tell him the reason.

"Do I need a reason?"
"Well..no?"
"Then no more questions!" He stated while walking off.

Eyes blinking as you watched the blonde walk away from you. Leaving you baffled.

Two brown gloves greeted your shoulders, causing your gaze to look up. Meeting the blue eyes of Ocelot.

"Looks like Eli has a crush." He chuckled, earning a pout.
"That's weird...why would he?"
"Maybe because you showed him who's boss?"
That didn't seem like a good reason in your opinion, seeing as everyone here has had at least once. Giving Eli a beat down of some sort.
Ocelot then continued. "Let me rephrase it a bit, the first one, his age to stand up against him. And have his ass handed to him."

"Thats weird." You stated, as the male laughed.

"Hey I know those exact feelings, it's weird, but...you'll figure it out." He explained, his cheeks dusting a light red as he rubbed his chin.
"C'mon, lets go get lunch, the deck looks great."