Teaching

Ocelot has been teaching you new skills, seeing that you already cook and clean on your own at the age of 10, he figured why not a new language to pass the time.

As much as you loved the ocean view, it was starting to grow boring. D.D. And you could only do so much here, this new home was growing dull.

"Alright, how do you say Dog?" He asked you, as he held up a flash card.

The card read 'собака'
It took a minute but you slowly sounded out the word. "So...so-baka, Sobaka."

He smiled and gave you a high-five. "Good job kiddo!"

Learning Russian was your idea, you overheard Ocelot talking to a large burly man in a cell. You didn't understand any of what you said. Once you realized it was a different language, you asked him to teach you.
Not only was he teaching you a new language one on one, he was teaching you various subject that you had no knowledge on.

The only things you knew where fending for yourself. Cooking, cleaning, and patching up. If you didn't clean the correct way you were punished. Someone's wound got infected, you were to blame.
Not here though, you worked hard, and were treated with respect. Not only that, but shown gratitude from others.

"Alright, a little tougher. How do you say Cat?"
This was a slightly tricky one. There were variations just to say feline.
"Kat." You said softly, his head nodded waiting for you to continue
"Kot—Kot is a male cat.." a smile grew as he nodded.
"Koshka..?" You added, earning another high-five.
"Great job!"

You thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent with the graying male, and he seemed to as well.
It made you...happy, so happy that one night when Ocelot visited your room in the med-bay you broke down in tears.

You've never experienced such kindness, or love. You were hopeful and grateful for life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok Kiddo, Boss needs me for a mission briefing with Kaz. Why don't you get some grub. We'll chat later, ok?"

Your head nodded as you both got up from the bench you sat at with a sandwich each and flash cards.

"Do...do-skoroy...v-v-vstrechi, do skoroy vstrechi, kot!"
You beamed, with a laugh he waved good bye. "See you later too."

You walked around the base, flipping through your cards. Still having difficulties with many of the words you kept trying. Saying them aloud.

"Do..Do-broi dyen, good afternoon. Do-broi, good. Dyen afternoon..." you hoped you were sounding the words out right.

"What language is that?"
You looked up, seeing Eli, a curiosity plastered on his face.

"Russian. " you said, quickly adding "Do-broi dyen"

His brow raised, walking over and sitting by you. "What did you say?"

"Good afternoon."

He hummed then after a moment he repeated the phrase.

"Do-Broi dyen."
"Harashow!"

His brows furrowed as he stared at you.
"That means 'well done' do you speak any languages?"

He nodded his head and rubbed his chin. Mouthing 'harashow' to himself.
"Yes, I can speak seven."
"Really?"
"You couldn't tell?" He asked, leaning back on his hands as he looked at you.
You went to shake your head but stopped, faintly remembering him talking to the other kids in a different language. The shake turning to a nod.

"hm...I have an idea." He spoke, arching a brow a smirk on his face.
"What's that?"
"You teach me Russian, and..I'll teach you French."
You thought for a bit, that would be fun learning two languages. Your head nodded once more.
"Yes please!"
"Bien"
"Bien?"
He laughed, looking at your confused expression.
"That means good."

——————————————

Not only was Ocelot teaching you Russian, Eli was teaching you French, and Quiet...

Quiet was teaching you how to use a gun!
This lesson wasn't going well though since your small hands could barely stop shaking, even though the silent woman tried reassuring you, it wasn't working.

She must have meant good intentions, this was probably because the other children already knew the basics of combat and you..? All you did was push a kid down, that kid being Eli, but still!

"Q—Quiet...I-I Don't think-think I'm ready..." the words jumbling out, each letter filled with anxiety and worry.

She looked at you, then scratched behind her head. Taking the small pistol from your hands. Putting the firearm away.
When she came back she held a knife.
"Ah...I don't think so.." you muttered, seeing her face contort. Perplexed, confused. Trying hard to come up with something for you, she was very set on teaching you some form of combat skills, you just wish you knew why.

It's not like you went on missions or anything.
When Quiet returned the knife, she came back empty handed. Then got into a fighting stance.

This was going to be a while....