Photgraphy

Father's love...

"I'm sorry-I'm sorry..." she cried out, over and over. Voice choking and cracking with each sob.

"Shh shh, it's ok, you're safe, you're alright..." that old bastard said quietly.
That wannabe cowboy had her in his arms. Rocking her back and fourth like a baby. Why did she cling to him? He wasn't her dad...why would she ever trust an adult ever again? She was used constantly, a slave. A slave to them!

My hands gripped the edges of the tattered sleeves of my shirt. Biting back a scoff. My head pressed against the wall that separated me from her room.

"I-don't want to go there! Don't let them take me back!" She cried out, a shuffle was heard. Guessing she was pulled into his lap, hugging the old geezer.

"Hey hey...they won't ever hurt you, darling they can't touch you. We won't let them-they'll never get a chance.."

Bull, he's just lying to her. Lowering her guard. Just to make her trust him.

A sound started closing in, footsteps? My head craned towards the direction, dammit it's him! I quickly turned around to run away, only to crash into his fat ass. 

"Eli? What are you doing here?" He asked, a brow arching as he looked down at me.

How I hated how he stared at me, he must think I'm pathetic...

"I was leaving obviously." I growled, pushing past that idiot, walking back to my room.

                    ~~~~~~~

"Snake, sorry to wake you..." Ocelot said softly, his gaze meeting the single sky orb that watched the trembling child.

Tiny hands tangled in the fabric of the graying male's shirt. One hand gently rubbing up and down her small frame.

"It's alright-another nightmare..?" The sturdy built man asked softly, moving closer to the girl's bed. Kneeling in front to meet the teary drowsy eyes of hers. With a nod of her head the man known as Big Boss looked up to the feline codenamed man.

"What if...you two shared a bed for the time being? She seems to be more calm around you Ocelot." The brunette suggested, rising from the floor. The Russian thought for a moment, it was true. Ever since the child was brought to Mother Base, she was always by his side when able. His head nodded slowly.

"How do you feel about that? Hm, (Y/N) ? Do you want to try that?" He asked softly, earning a quick nod of her head. No hesitation, just instant agreement.

"Guess it's settled. " he said while a small laugh, brushing some loose (h/c) strands from her reddened face.

                ~~~~~~~~~~

I was running through my new home, zigzagging pass soldiers, excusing and pardoning myself when coming close to colliding with them.
My breathing fast, my sides cramping, but I didn't care. I needed to find him fast!

The fluffy friend trotted beside me, barking excitedly as we scurried down to the brig, my voice rasping as I called out to the sunbathing woman.

"Quiet! Quiet!"

Her head lifted, a curious expression over her beautiful face. Arms folded over one another as she was laying on her stomach. The rays of light illuminating her skin.

"Have you seen da—Ocelot?" I asked bouncing up and down. Holding a small grey gadget that was fastened by a leather strap around my neck.

Her head shook, lips pursed together. One of her hands lifted to point to the contraption I had.

"Oh! I'm taking pictures. Johnny found a camera and said I should make a photo album to pass the time. Do you want your picture taken?" I asked, beaming with excitement.

Her head shook with a soft smile. Mouthing to me,
'Maybe later.' And waved me off.

With a nod I ran up the metal stairs, D.D. Barking excitedly as the helicopter had just landed.
Rushing to stand with the other soldiers, I held up my new camera. Clicking the button, snapping some pictures of Snake as he hopped out of the flying vehicle.

Everyone saluted, welcoming him home. I was on the tips of my toes as the canine beside me was bouncing around the legend.

Petting the soft fur and praising the furry friend, he looked at me with a curious smile.

"You got a camera?"

"Yeah! Johnny gave me it, he said I should make a photo album!"

He laughed softly and nodded.
"Sounds like a good idea, let me know when you're done snapping pics, I'll help you develop the film."
He said patting my head as he walked off to the showers. D.D. Following closely behind.

I walked over to the railing, taking pictures of the ocean surrounding the base.

"There you are!" A voice chimed from behind, a set of hands finding my sides. Lifting me off the ground. A shriek following with a laugh, my head turning to see Ocelot.

"Whatcha' doing darling? Photography?" He asked, holding me in his arms with a smile, my head nodded as I beamed at him excitedly.

"Yeah! Yeah! Can I take a picture of you Ocelot?"

"Hmm~"

With a hum he set me down, kneeling beside me. Fingers tapping his chin as he thought.
"How bout' we take a picture together? Hm?"

I nodded excitedly hugging him tight, a moment passed as a Soldier offered to take the picture of us.
Both of us smiling, arm in arm, filling the roll of film.

"Thank you da—I mean Ocelot."

His hand patted my head, a chuckle coming from him. "You can call me dad, alright kiddo?"

My body flung into his arms happily, repeating his new name over and over with joy.