Rescue Mission

1994

You've been a member for the US Government for 5 years now and were being sent away on a rescue mission.

The target was determined MIA, but during the briefing you received, the person you were rescuing struck a nerve. He seemed...familiar to you...why?

The man was apart of a secret intel team for Britain, maybe it was that, because he was part of a European team? No, that wasn't it. It was his appearance. The photo you received wasn't the greatest...

The man's head was down, long hair hiding his face, but his body. Was strong, well built. From what you could see he had a necklace of sorts on too, dog tags? Maybe.

You just know your heading to the Middle East, a secret base underground lead by an Iraq team.

Your goal was to get in, and get out. Fast.

——————————————

Once the helicopter landed, you had to traverse on foot to the base without being spotted. Thankful it was midnight and your gear was all black, the only thing you wore that stuck out was the white scarf that you were given as a child.

It looked like there was two...no four-six... six guards patrolling the outside grounds. Two on search light towers, the others patrolling.

You were completely on your own on this mission, no assistance and were told to keep radio contact to a minimum to avoid the signal being tracked.
Staying hidden behind some oil drums your (e/c) scanner the base.

A ladder lead to a window...but it was too close to the search light, the front door was never an option...but there was something that caught your attention. An air vent, perfect!
Slip through, maybe ease drop on a conversation or two, and hope for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While traveling through the air vents you were thinking about the prisoner here. Wishing the photo you had was in color. Damn camera only display a monochrome image of the male.

Why were you so focused on finding out who they were? They were a stranger to you. All you had to do was get them out and find an escape route for the two of you. Easy peasy! Stop getting queasy!

"Has he been feed today?"

"Not since this morning sir. "

Your head craned a bit, trying to hear the conversation better, stiffing inside the small crawl space.

"He's strong-even though he's barely been feed he took out Allen with no problem...are you sure we shouldn't move him to a different location?"

"Why? He's secured in the cell, there's no way to monitor him in the basement anyway. Besides if all he's doing is knocking some of your heads together he's fine."

"True..."

"Did he spill any info yet? On why he was snooping around?"

"No sir, he won't say anything. The most he's said—well he just laughed. When he took down Ali with the food tray."

There was silence for a moment. Then one of the men spoke up again.

"Well Ras has him cuffed right?"

"Yes sir-but he's capable in other ways of combat..."

"Ugh.... Malid-get to the first floor and keep watch. Don't go inside his cell, just keep the man company."

"Yes sir.."

The sound of foot steps running off could be heard, becoming faint as the voice below you muttered some curses and walked off.