(3) Decision

Chapter Three:

(3rd Perspective)

"I can't believe those guys did this to you!" Elaine seethed as she furiously paced around the infirmary. "It's infuriating! How dare they kidnap the Ace and treat her like this?!"

The Ace in question frowns at the title, her sorrowful gaze locked onto the bed. "Elaine... I'm not the Ace anymore." Says Sera, earning their attention. "It's just as they said. I'm powerless now."

They can only look at her in pity at not being able to do anything for her. "You're not obligated to treat me in any particular way."

Elaine's eyes soften. "Seraphina, please don't say things like that!" The girl protests, hurt that her friend is thinking like that. "We'll protect you until this blows over!"

A snort causes their necks to arch in the direction of the golden-eyed "school cripple". "Yeah, Just like you protected her from those bullies?" His comment is laced in a humorless sarcasm.

"You're one to talk." Arlo retorts with composure. "All you did was whine and cry like a child throwing a tantrum because he lost his favorite toy."

Seraphina couldn't help but snicker in amusement, causing John's cheeks to turn a tint of red in embarrassment.

The said child marches over to Arlo and pauses inches away from his face. If looks could kill, his deadly gaze would burn a hole straight through Arlo's azure eyes. "At least I actually saved her. If I hadn't been there, your slow ass would've shown up too late." Seraphina was rather taken aback at how aggressive and irascible John was being. It wasn't like him... or at least, she thought it wasn't.

"If we hadn't been there, you might have thrown another fit and actually killed those students." Arlo counters in irritation, returning the glare.

"Wait, Arlo and Elaine know about your secret?" Seraphina realizes as she listens to their argument.

John averts his golden eyes, still feeling guilty about not telling her up until now. She takes his silence as a 'Yes'. 

Seraphina feels hurt that John told them and not her. Biting her lip to cope with her frustration, she inquires, "Since when?"

The abrupt slamming of the door ceases their conversation. "ISEN! ISEN, ARE YOU HERE?" Remi and Blake enter the room in a panic.

A vein pops in the Doctor's forehead. "THIS IS THE FUCKING INFIRMARY. KEEP YOUR GODDAMN VOICE DOWN." He snaps with a slam of his fist on his desk. They freeze on the spot and look at him.

With an irritable sigh, the man points his finger to an injured and nervous Isen lying in the second bed. "Your friend's in the back." He tells them with his infamous scowl.

"There you are!" Remi is relieved to see him in one piece and conscious at that. It doesn't take her long to notice the other occupants of the room as she moves behind the curtain to get a better look. The three teenagers on edge from the whole situation look at the girl. "Arlo? What are you doing here?"

When she sees the others, she adds "Elaine? And Seraphina too? What's going on?" She asks curiously. Apparently, John was invisible to her since she didn't seem to notice him.

Finding himself annoyed that their conversation was interrupted, Arlo spoke up. "Do you know the meaning of privacy?"

John notices Isen shrinking in his bed in a nervous sweat, now that the curtain was open. "I SWEAR I WAS NOT EAVESDROPPING!" He quickly defends, his arms flailing about. "I PLUGGED MY EARS THE WHOLE TIME!"