(6) Enlightening

(A/N: Apologies if I get Cecile's ability a little wrong... I know she is able to create cuffs as she did with Isen but in this story it might be a little more than that. Too lazy to look back in the webtoon to find out :P)

Chapter Six:

(John's Perspective)

"So, this must be it." I mutter to myself as I come to a stop at the door for the student council room. I swear, if that girl lied to me and Cecile really isn't here, she'll be on my hit list next.

Without hesitation, I thrust my foot into the door, kicking it down roughly.

The sudden bang jerks all the students currently in the room out of their conversations and their eyes trail to meet mine.

Ignoring their gazes of shock, I stare at a certain teal-haired bitch who watches me with wide eyes, almost as if she hadn't expected me to come after her. All of these bullshit students only care about their precious ladder. It's always 'Hierarchy' this 'hierarchy' that, it's all bullshit.

Now, because of Cecile, I can't just ignore it anymore like I did before... I won't be able to go back to enjoying chilling out with Seraphina on the rooftops now without everyone's eyes on us. If I officially become King again, it'll be the same as in New Bostin... and if that happens, I don't want to even think of how Seraphina would look at me then...

My life won't ever be the same here.

And it's all because of her.

My anger rises.

Like that of a wild feral animal, I prowl towards the petrified girl. She totters backwards as I inch closer with every waking step.

The other students watch on in a mixture of shock and horror.

Staring her directly in the eye just centimeters away, I snarl at her icily, "You're dead."

My threat seems to shock her. "H–Huh?" Cecile blinks twice in confusion. "Shouldn't... you be thanking me...? Now you can become King."

This bitch is seriously acting as if she did nothing wrong... It really pisses me off.

Even more annoyed now, I clutch her neck into my hand and slam her roughly against the wall, holding her tightly in place. Her petite hands reflexively struggle to break my grip, to no avail however.  I hear the other occupants of the room saying things like 'Holy shit' and 'He's CRAZY', but I couldn't care less.  What they say doesn't matter to me right now.

"Obviously I didn't want to become King If I tried so hard to hide myself." I growl. And here I thought this girl was one of the few students here with a brain. Clearly, I was wrong. She's the most brain-dead person here.

She looks as if she wants to say something but can't due to my hand wrapped around her neck.

"H–Hey," I look over to a stout, shy-looking male student with maroon hair. "Don't... you think you're going a bit far...?"

'A bit far', he says? This girl got Seraphina tortured and nearly beaten to death by her own classmates and destroyed my peaceful school life, and all for such petty reasons. What I'm doing right now pales in comparison to what she's done.

"Shut up," I snap at him. He shrivels up in fear, not bothering to try and put up a fight. Turning back to Cecile, a twisted smirk makes its way upon my face as I watch her struggle to breathe, her face turning pale.