(4) Beast

Chapter Four:

Just as John is finally about to unveil the story of his former life as New Bostin's tyrannical King, their conversation is, once again, interrupted by the abrupt opening of the door. Everyone's necks arch over to the panting Remi, who takes a moment to gather her breath with hands on her knees.

"A–ARLO!" She cries between ragged breaths while looking up at the blond. A look of panic clear as day on her features.

Arlo raises a single eyebrow at the rather noisy entrance. He appeared just as confused as everyone else in the room. "Back so soon?"

No one seemed to have noticed the seething man glowering in his desk until he roughly grips a hardcover book and hurls it at the poor girl, just barley grazing her neck and hitting Isen's foot instead. This earned a small "Ow!" from him under the sheets.

"DID'NT I TELL YOU TO KEEP YOUR F*CKING VOICE DOWN?" Snapped the doctor in rage as he stood up from his chair.

Remi winces at his booming voice . "S–Sorry!" When she notices the black aura emerging from his body, she freezes in fear. With a sigh, he went on mumbling something about 'not being able to have a single damn moment of peace' and 'why do I have to deal with this shit' to himself as he angrily sits down and returns to shuffling through his papers with a huff.

Isen peeks at Remi from beneath his covers. "Didn't you guys just, you know, uh, leave?"

"And where did Blyke go?" A confused Elaine chimes in with a tilt of her head. "Wasn't he just with you?"

The girl in question scratches the back of her neck with anxious eyes. "Yeah, well, about that..." She steals a nervous glance at John, who had somewhat of a look of relief across his. face. After all, he had just been saved from having to tell Seraphina about his past. Well, for now at least.

"Uh... Blyke and I were on our way to class...
Until we came across a large mob of students staring at a poster..." Remi goes on to explain in hesitance.

"A poster...?" Elaine repeats with a frown. "What kind of poster?"

Considering that Isen was also in the infirmary with them right now and it couldn't have been him, Arlo had a pretty good idea of who the culprit was. "That damn Cecile..." Said he with a scowl. "Just what the hell did she do this time?"

'"This time?"' John repeats Arlo's words to himself wondering what he meant by that. When a realization comes to mind, he finds a new anger beginning to surface. "Could she have been the one who posted the article about Seraphina...?"

For some reason, the anxious Remi keeps glancing between John and Arlo. "Just... err, it's easier if you take a look yourself. Here." Remi holds up the poster in question. The contents on it sends everyone into a state of utter shock.

Two pictures were plastered as clear as day on the poster, the first one being a familiar black-masked student, and the second one being of John with glowing, orange eyes holding said mask. Beneath them was an article titled "The Shadow King".

"Recently, there have been mysterious attacks around the school by a masked male student. After witnessing a ruthless beatdown of a group of students who kidnapped the fallen goddess Seraphina, we have received undeniable proof the this mystery man is none other than the school cripple himself, John, whom has been lying about being ability-less for unclear reasons. Rumor has it that the reason for Arlo's strange behavior recently is because John had beaten him in a fight and had been, in secret, ordering him to do as he wishes. Could this be the rise of a new King?"