2. "Same Darling, Same."

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

No one had challenged Peter Anderson before. I knew what I let myself into. Before I could say anything, he pushed me onto the locker.

"So now you're gonna punch me, huh?" I asked, avoiding his stare.

"Katherine Forbes, next time you stay out of my business or else..."

I looked him right in the eyes and hooked my eyes into his.

"Or else?"

His eyes were beautiful. I had seen them for long but this was the first time I took a note of them. I observed his emerald green eyes dilating into deep forest green for a split second.
He blinked his eyes twice, letting the emerald take over again. He let go of me.

"Just stay out of it." he said, but this time a bit softly. I could feel it.

I walked back to Jules.

"What a weirdo." she said.

"Yeah. But luckily I didn't get punched in the face."

Jules giggled.

We went back to our A.P. English class. The Mockingbird was a good help in forgetting the emerald eyes. Though I like English, the class was too long to hold my interest. The next three classes were sports, science and music. I like all those subjects so I didn't have a problem in getting through those lectures.

Soon it was lunch. I found Jules and we went to the cafeteria. I was practically starving. We took our lunch plates and sat on our usual table. Jules stuffed the nuggets on her plate into her mouth.

"How's your day going so far?" I asked.

It hardly went to her ears.

"Hm." that's all she replied.

"What lectures did you have?"

"Hm."

Again? Seriously?

"Juliet Lawson! Why are you smiling to yourself? What's up with you?"

"Umm, I think I like Kent."

I gasped.

"Kent? As in Kent Rivera?!"

"Yeah."

"Why do you always go for the bad boys?" I smirked.

The blush got harder.

"I think he just puts on a show. He's actually good at heart."

"Yeah, I guess you're right..."

Before I could complete my sentence, Britney, Britney Marshall entered the cafeteria gates with her mini-skirt and a way too cropped top. Why does she wear such clothes to school?

She walked up to me and gave me a disgusted look. Before walking away, she smirked and mumbled something under her breath.

"I hate her vibe." I said.

"Same darling, same." agreed Jules.

The rest of the day in school went about smoothly — no encounters with Abigail, Peter or Britney.

After school, Jules and I drove back home. As soon as I reached home, I washed up and completed my homework. Not a fan of teachers yelling at me.

By the time I was finished, it was already evening. I put on my sweatpants and headed outside for my usual run. I've insisted Jules to join me so many times, but her lazy ass wouldn't get away from Netflix.

After coming back home, I was exhausted. I changed my clothes and headed straight to bed after having dinner. I called it an early night.