14. "Yes!"

PETER'S P.O.V.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi!"

"You wanna do something else? I'm bored."

"Yeah, sure."

"Not here. Let's go upstairs."

"Um, okay."

I could tell that she was a bit confused.

We walked into the guest room.

"Do you want to talk about something?" she asked. "You could've been straight up."

"I noticed that you've been ignoring me for some time now."

"Ig... ignoring? No, not at all. Not purposely, at least."

I almost smiled at her inability to lie.

"Katherine, Kent told me about it."

"About what?" she frowned.

Her cheeks flushed red. She was clearly embarrassed.

"About the possibility of you and me being 'us'. Kat, from the day we met, you've changed me in so many ways. I've become a better person. I've learned to live. I've learned to forgive. But most importantly, I've learned to love. And I want to be much better, for you."

KATHERINE'S P.O.V.

I just stood there, speechless. This was really happening. Peter was confessing his feelings. I had never been happier.

"Peter..."

"Katherine, I understand if..."

I didn't even let him finish his sentence. I got on my toes and kissed him. He was taken aback at first, but eventually he gave in and kissed me back.

It felt better than I ever imagined. He was so gentle and careful. I couldn't stop blushing. He pushed me onto the wall and continued to kiss me. I wrapped my hands around him to pull him closer, when I felt something in his back pocket.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Well, you weren't supposed to find that note this way, but now that you have..."

He stood there, smiling at me.

The note was crimson in colour. It was beautiful. I slowly opened it. I read —

'Katherine Forbes, will you be my girlfriend?'

I looked at Peter. He was looking at me, expecting an answer.

I giggled.

I jumped on him and he lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him. I wanted this moment to last forever. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever felt.

"Yes!" I squealed.

He smiled.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend, you idiot!"

I could feel him smiling against the kiss and I would give up anything to feel like this forever.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me." he said, smiling.

I was trying so hard to hide that blush. Before I could say something, Jules called for me.

"Coming!" I yelled.

"We should go." Peter said.

"Wait! I have a question. Is this note from..."

"Yes, it is. It is from the diary my father gave me. I've finally come to forgive him. I've understood that I have to forgive him, even if he doesn't ask for it. I have to move on. All this wouldn't have been possible without you. So thank you, Kat."

Wow, this page really was from his father's diary. The one I asked him to write in. This was genuinely the sweetest gesture I could have witnessed. I smiled and hugged him.

"I could write these notes for you everyday, you know." he said.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would, Princess."

I smiled and gave him a little peck on the lips.

We walked downstairs together.

I could say that Jules was thrilled to hear the news of us getting together. She was literally jumping on the couch and squealing in excitement.

We spent the rest of the night talking and watching horror movies. Peter was holding my hand the whole time. He looked so happy.

I was happier than ever.