4. "Peter, I'm Hungry."

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

...I couldn't help but hear some of the conversation.

"Peter, you don't have to be like this. I know you're way better than that."

"No, mom! I'm not. Not anymore. Don't you get it? I'm all alone, all the time. I always was. After dad left us, you threw yourself into your work. I've never really had a parent."

"Pete, I do all of this just for you. I..."

"I know, mom. I know. And for that I thank you. I love you, I do. But I don't think I can be the same Peter ever again. He's gone. I'm sorry."

" I'm so sorry."

There was a never ending silence.

God! I never knew this. Peter Anderson was never the bad boy, just a troubled one. My cheeks went hot and a tear rolled down my face. I felt so sorry for him. I didn't know he had a single parent. It had changed him. I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly, the door flew open.

PETER'S  P.O.V.

I opened the door to see Katherine. She looked nice. The colour of her shirt matched the colour of her eyes which made them look even more beautiful than they already were.

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

"Katherine! Hey there." he almost jumped.

"Peter." I smiled.

"How long were you standing here for?"

"Not long." I lied.

"Um, okay. Come in."

There was a couch in the living room, a staircase behind it and the kitchen was to the left. The house had a cozy vibe.

Peter's mom smiled, wiping the tears off her face and I returned the gesture. She seemed like a nice person. Her hair was tied at the back of her head. She was pretty.

"I have a night shift. Take care, you two." she said, keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"You too, mom." he murmured.

"Bye."

With that, Peter's mom left the house.

Peter and I started working on the project. At first it was a bit awkward. Most of it was because of the fact that he was being nice.
During the first hour or so, he was the same irritating Peter. But as the time passed, he cooled himself down. Eventually, we both were quite comfortable with each other.

We continued to work on our project for several hours while taking short breaks in between. I glanced at my watch and realised that it was 9 already.

"Peter, I'm hungry." I said.

"Yeah, me too. The project is almost done. Let's have dinner first and then we'll finish up the rest of it."

"Cool."

We walked up to the kitchen.

"What do you want to have?" he asked.

"I thought we were going to order something."

"No. Tell me, what would you like for dinner?"

"Pasta...but I don't know how to cook."

"Don't worry, I do."

"You do?!"

"Yeah. You could make yourself comfortable while I cook for us."

"Sure. Wouldn't really want to miss the sight of Peter Anderson cooking." I smirked.

He chuckled.

I sat on the kitchen platform while watching Peter chop up the vegetables. He looked so peaceful, acted so different. It was like a whole another version of him. And I wasn't complaining. I really did like this side of him.

My eyes wandered off to his face. The dim lights in the house highlighted his emerald eyes, his sharp jawline and his pink lips. He looked like a Greek God. He looked at me and our eyes met. I wanted to look away, but just couldn't.

"Stop checking me out, Princess." he said with a smirk on his face.

Ding, ding, ding! Mr. Pain In The Ass was back.

"Shut up." I said, rolling my eyes.

"By the way, I noticed you look beautiful today. The colour of your shirt matches the colour of your eyes."

"Thanks." I said, trying to hide the blush.

"Anyway, the pasta is ready. Let's go to the couch. We'll watch Netflix."

"Okay."

We took our plates and settled down on the couch. The pasta tasted amazing. I was surprised to see how good of a multitasker Peter was. He was watching Netflix, having dinner and finishing our project. All at the same time.

I was very tired from all the project work. I didn't even realise that I fell asleep on the couch.