3. "Katherine Forbes and Peter Anderson."

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

...I called it an early night.
The next morning as I woke up and looked out of the window, I realised that the sky looked beautiful— Instagram worthy beautiful. Quickly snapping a picture of it, I put it on my story. After that, I went up to my bathroom. There was a new vibe in me today, a happy one.
After shower, I put on a yellow hoodie and blue denims.

The ride to school was the usual. Me trying to get a quick nap and Jules irritating me by blasting music, that could probably drive the squirrels to commit suicide.

My schedule for the day was really crappy. My first class was Calculus. God, I hate Maths.

After 40 minutes of the lecture, which felt like 40 years, I practically sprinted out of the class. 

The next period was Science. Jules had an English lecture. As soon as I walked into the class, I saw Peter. He sat on the last bench and smirked as he saw me. I tried to ignore him and sat on the third bench, which was at a considerable distance from him. I noticed that Britney was also in the class, desperately staring at Peter. Miss Whitmore walked into the class with a paper in her hand. By the look of it, my best guess was that it was some kind of a list.

"Good morning, students. I have an important announcement to make. You all are required to make a project. It will account for 10 percent of your final grades. The project is to be made in pairs. Here what I have is a list of students and their respective partners."

I cursed under my breath. I believed that we at least had the right to choose our partners. As I was waiting for my name to be called, I was hoping that I didn't get paired with someone like Britney or Peter. At last, I heard my name.

"Katherine Forbes and Peter Anderson."

Why? God, why?!
I looked at Peter and he had the same smirk on his face. Unmoved. Does he not have any other expressions to show? I wanted to slap that smirk off his face so bad.

The sound of the bell brushed my senses and I realised that the period was over. I wasn't in the mood to talk to Peter so I rushed out of the class.

Before I could realise, it was the break. I entered the cafeteria and saw Jules munching fries.

"Could you not have waited for me?" I pumped.

"Nah! I was way too hungry."

Classic Juliet Lawson.

"You're always hungry."

She laughed.

With that being said, I went to grab my lunch. As I walked towards the table, I saw Peter. He walked up to me.

"So, about the project..."

"Yeah, Miss Whitmore asked us to complete it by the end of this week." I huffed.

"You can come over to my place today at 5. That is, if you're free." he said, too plain.

I already knew his address. He lived just a block away from me.

"Sure." I said.

He smiled.
No, no, not smirked. He genuinely smiled.

"Okay, see you then." he said.

He walked away and I went back to Jules. I was smiling weirdly.

"Why was Peter Anderson talking to you and what's that blush about?" Jules asked.

"It was regarding project work. And there is no blush." I said, maintaining a poker face.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I'm going to Peter's place today for the project."

" I hope it stays till just that." she said, making a weird face.

"Shut up." I said, chuckling.

That afternoon I completed my homework and then was watching Netflix. It was almost 5, so I put on a pair of denim shorts with a sky blue shirt and left my hair down. I grabbed some supplies I thought would be useful. After calling my mom and informing her, I drove to Peter's.

As I went on to knock at the door , I heard some voices. It was Peter and his mom I guess. I didn't want to intrude but as I was standing just outside the door, I couldn't help but hear some of the conversation...