10. "Surprise!"

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

...The place that we were standing in front of, wasn't a hospital.

"Jules, this doesn't look like a hospital to me."

"I don't know. Kent sent me this address."

This was getting weird.

The place resembled a villa. Jules and I walked up to the door together. I knocked, but no one answered. Jules was getting impatient. She turned the door knob and to my surprise, the door clicked open. We entered the villa. It was dark inside. So dark, that I could barely see anything. We had walked just a few steps through the door when suddenly the lights turned on, almost blinding me.

"Surprise!"

Peter, Jules, Kent and Kevin stood before me. My eyes scanned Peter. He was perfectly alright. I took a deep breath, walked up to him and started smacking him.

"Ow! Ow! Stop!"

"You scared me to death!"

"But aren't you happy about the surprise?"

"You could have used some other excuse to bring me here. Why did you have to pretend to be hurt?"

"It's the only idea I had. Sorry." he said, smiling apologetically.

I smiled too. Now that I wasn't busy worrying about Peter, I finally had the chance to look around me and take it all in. The interior of the villa was beautiful. There were pastel lilac and white balloons all around. It was beautifully lit. Happiness was all I could feel. In front of me was a projector screen, on which were some of my most embarrassing pictures. But I had some questions.

"Whose villa is this?" I asked.

"Kevin's dad owns it. He was kind enough to let us have a party for you here." Peter answered.

Finally, Kent and Kevin hugged and wished me. The five of us sat in front of the projector while having pizza and milkshakes. We all were talking and fooling around when Peter tapped my shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"Come on, I have something to show you." he said.

We got up and I followed him into a room upstairs.

"What is it that you have to show me? It's enough surprise and shock for a day if you must know."

Peter smiled and walked up to the wardrobe. He took a box out of it and handed it to me.

"Open it." he said.

By now, I was smiling like an idiot. I opened the box and in it, was a necklace. It had delicate flowers carved into it. It looked precious. I opened the pendant in the middle and saw a miniature photograph of the five of us. I smiled and gazed at Peter. This was so thoughtful of him. I loved the necklace, without a doubt, but there was something else to it. I felt happy inside my bones. He took the necklace from my hand.

"Turn around." he said.

I did, little atoms of excitement jumping inside of me. I was blushing. He came closer to me and hooked the necklace at the back of my neck. I turned around.

"This is so beautiful! Thanks a lot, Peter."

"You look beautiful." he said.

And there came our moment. Our eyes met and locked, we both smiled and blushed, a little too hard. He leaned in. I was totally aware of what was happening. I kissed him on the cheek and ran away. At the door of the room, I giggled.

"In your dreams, Peter Anderson!" I said.

He started laughing too, with his hand at the back of his head.

"Kat! Wait!"

But now, we were running around in the villa
like little children. Peter was chasing, trying to get a hold of me.

"What on earth are the two of you doing?" Jules asked.

"We don't know!" I said, laughing.

The rest of the time, we all watched movies and giggled talking about old times. This was one of the best days of my life. We all had fun—a lot of it. I had a feeling that after this, we all became close, closer than we already were.

The five of us had now become the best of friends. Now that the mid-terms were over and our finals were half a year away, we all hung out on a regular basis.

One day, I got Peter's call. I picked it up.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party."

"Who's hosting it?"

"I don't know. Some guy from the football team."

"Umm, I don't think my mom would allow me to go to a party where I don't even know the host."

"Let me talk to her then."

"Oh sure, you can try." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, you'll see." he replied.

I could imagine him smirking while saying that.

"Yep! We'll see."