13. "We Need To Talk."

PETER'S P.O.V.

I was getting frustrated. I was sure that Katherine was trying to avoid me. I tried talking to her about it, but she would just beat around the bush until she could finally change the topic.

I also noticed that she has been talking to Kent a lot lately. The thought of Katherine having feelings for Kent bugged me. Kent is my best friend, he should've known better. I thought that I needed to clear the air once and for all.

The next day in school, I walked up to Kent.

"We need to talk."

"Hello to you too." he smirked. "What's up?"

"I thought you liked Juliet." I said plainly.

"Hey! Keep it down, man. And to answer your question, yes. I do like her."

"So... You like both of them?"

"Hold on, what do you mean by 'both of them'?"

"Juliet and Katherine."

"Woah, woah, woah. Stop right there. Katherine? How did she get into the picture?"

"Oh, come on. Stop lying. I've seen you both talking and hanging out — literally all the time."

"Good lord, Peter. There's nothing going on between us. She was dealing with a problem and I was just helping."

"Problem? What kind of a problem? Why didn't she talk to me about it?" I was confused.

"Because you don't talk to the person whom the problem is about. Duh!"

"She has a problem with me? What did I do?" I was really concerned now.

"Bro, calm down. You didn't do anything. It's just that..."

"That?"

"Ugh, sorry Pete. It's not really my secret to tell."

"But it's your face that's going to be punched."

He chuckled.

"Just tell me, would you?!" I groaned.

"Okay, okay. Just don't freak out." he smirked.

He was trying his best to annoy the hell out of me. I got a hold of him and was about to smack him hard, when he spoke up.

"Kat likes you!"

I was speechless. It felt so good, yet so weird. I felt like getting mad at Kat for ignoring me because of it and hugging her at the same time.

"Pete?"

"Yeah. Wow." That was all I could say.

"But there's one more thing. She's concerned that maybe you'd not feel the same for her."

"Oh, god. I need to talk to her right now. I need to tell her how I feel about her, how much... how much I like her."

"Okay, but don't you think that school isn't a very romantic place to ask someone out?"

"Yeah, you're probably right. What should I do, then?"

"I guess I could help you with that. My parents are not at home. I could host a sleepover or something. Inner circle only."

"So... the five of us?"

"Yeah. We'll all have dinner and then I'll convince Juliet and Kevin to play video games with me. While we're busy playing, you could take Kat and slip away some place private."

"That's a great idea. Thanks, man."

"You're welcome, mister Anderson." he chuckled.

I was more than excited. And even more nervous.

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

After reaching home from school, I called Jules.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi!"

"Did Kent tell you about the sleepover?"

"Yeah. I'm so excited!" she sang.

"We can go together. I'll pick you up at 8."

"Okay!"

PETER  P.O.V.

It was half past seven when I reached Kent's house. The others were to come in about half an hour. I had to prepare.

"Bro, you look pale." Kent joked.

"Shut up. That's what happens when you're going to ask someone out."

"Nerves are good sometimes."

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed.

Soon Katherine, Juliet and Kevin arrived. We had Chinese for dinner and then Kent asked Juliet and Kevin to play video games. Everything was going as planned so far. Kat was sitting on the couch. I went up to her.

"I'm ready... I think." I mumbled.