Chapter 22

Footsteps echoed around the house, I knew who's lethal step that was; Kaitlins. So today was results day, I didn't know whether I was happy or sad. I knew I was going to fail, so what was the point in even going? 

And I was still hung up over the whole Harry thing, it had been 4 days now. He had tried ringing so many times and texting, but I just ignored them all. Before Kaitlin could come in I quickly took my phone under my duvet to check for anymore. 

I swiped unlock.

5 Missed Calls From - Harry

3 Texts From - Harry

2 Voice Messages From - Harry

Why wouldn't he just get the message?! I said not to speak to me anymore, why did he have to make this worse? Just hearing his voice will make me more upset, and knowing I can't forgive him, well, I can't forgive him, can I? I'm not going to forgive someone who has cheated on me, I knew fame was going to get to his head. And I knew he wouldn't be able to handle the ammount of girls he was going to get thrown at him. Just imagine if he hadn't auditioned, oh Faye stop it, now you're just being selfish.

If this is what he wants, then let him have it.

The door creaked open and Kaitlin popped her head around. She knew what had happened with Harry because in a flash the picture was spread around Twitter. I had loads of girls tweeting me saying 'I hope you're okay!' which made me feel abit better then some saying 'You deserved it, taking my Harry' well you can have your god damn cheating Harry.

'You okay?' She asked cautiously

I couldn't go mad at her, nearly all my anger had gone now. And now it was all going to come back because of my terrible results.

I nodded and she came and got in bed with me.

'You have an hour to get ready, your mum is making us breakfast' She smiled

'I need a hug' I spoke with a crack in my voice

'I hate seeing you like this' She spoke with tears in her eyes as she hugged me quickly

A tear trickeled down my cheek as I buried my head in her jacket, but today was about me. Not about getting upset over some idiot. I wonder if he was going to collect his results today? No doubt he'd get someone from the X Factor team to do it. I dragged myself out of bed and Kaitlin picked out an outfit for me.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face while applying a little bit of mascara to make myself look at least one bit alive. Slowly I dragged my feet back into my room and got changed into skinny jeans, white vans and a brown jacket with a white baggy top. I tied my hair back into a pony tail and sprayed myself with some perfume. Kaitlin passed me my bag and we went downstairs to be greeted by a fry up.

'You okay?' Mum asked

I nodded weakily and she kissed me on the forehead while passing me my food, she had been being so lovely to me, well, she was lovely all the time really.

'You know what sister, forget that dweeb, it's me and you all the way' Kaitlin muttered with toast shoved in her mouth as she raised her glass of orange juice up

I couldn't help but laugh at the word 'dweeb' and 'sister' but also raised my glass or orange juice up in agreement.

'You're both going to do brilliant, trust me' My Mum smiled as she kissed my head and Kaitlins

'Thanks Sarah!' Kaitlin smiled 

'Thanks Mum' I smiled

We left the house and walked to school, since it was only about a 10 minute walk. We bumped into a few other people from our school along the way, I was just hoping none of them were Harry.

I checked my phone again to see for any new messages or calls but none, well it was 9am, he probably wasn't even up yet knowing him.

After a long painful walk we were finally at school, my palms were sweating and I was shaking abit. My heart was racing because I knew how embarassed I was going to be from these bad results, everyone wanted to get into Cambridge, especially me and Kaitlin. I knew Kaitlin would, she spent hours on end studying.

The que for our results envelope was going down pretty quick. Kaitlin had hold of my hand because I was shaking so much.

'Faye you're going to do fine, trust me, I'll wait for you ok?' Kaitlin spoke as she left for her envelope

I nodded, time to see my F's on paper. 

'Name' The man demanded

Ok way to make a person feel even calmer on results day

'Faye Peak' I shakily spoke

He passed me the envelope and I quickly walked over to Kaitlin.

'Ready?' She breathed

I nodded again, we both ripped open the envelope and I pulled out the results.

English - A*

Maths - A

Science - B

English Lit - A*

Additional Science - B

My mouth dropped to the floor, no way. Had I got given the right results?! A scream escaped my lips before I could even think. And from the following scream off Kaitlin I could only guess she had done brilliant as well. I was so happy, I was going to fucking Cambridge.

'WE'RE GOING CAMBRIDGE!' We both screamed

We got a few looks, but I don't care, next week, I'd be in London with my best friend! 

My phone started vibrating.

Call from - Harry

Ugh, he was not putting me in a mood right now, not with this great mood I'm in, I swiped ignore and we walked home with grins on our faces.